Afternoon transportation from ports

We will be on the Crown Princess, leaving from Southampton with 10 ports on a 12 day cruise. With this many ports, I would like to include some late morning-early afternoon sightseeing. Is this possible? Are there ship transports or other types of transportation into the towns later in the day?

A vacation means not having to be up and out by 8:00 am every morning, I hope, hope, hope. The ports are in ireland and Scotland. Thanks for any input.

The times in the ports would help too. If you're in a port for a long day, I don't see why it would be a problem spending just part of the day wandering, but of course it depends on the ship's proximity to the town too, and availability of taxis and/or shuttles. The Princess boards might tell you about this line's policy on shuttles.

Ok, the ports I'm thinking about having a more lazy schedule are St Peter (Guernsey) 7am-4pm, Liverpool 4:30am-9pm and Glasgow 8am-overnight. Thanks, I will check the Princess site, although so far, none of the cust. service people I've spoken with are not at all familiar with this cruise.

The Princess website will at least give you arrival and departure times for each port to help you plan. Some ports require additional transportation into the primary city. For instance, the ship docks in Greenock and you need to take a train into Glasgow. So, you're at the mercy of the local train schedule and getting to and from the station. I've read that Greenock is a charming town itself so perhaps you'd prefer to stay there if you don't want to get up early.

There's a lot of information on these boards regarding what to do in each port and how to get where you want to go. Check out the Ports of Call boards and look for your roll call on that board.

There's a lot of information on these boards regarding what to do in each port and how to get where you want to go. Check out the Ports of Call boards and look for your roll call on that board.

Duh - you're already on the Ports of Call board (I forgot where I was when I posted earlier:o). But, do check for a roll call, if you haven't already.

Archived