luggage weight

asda

i have seen on this website that in barbados they dont actually weigh your luggage is this right. i am asking this because if you hand your luggage in the night before you leave the ship when do you see it again.is it at barbados airport or back at your own airport.:confused:

You do not see your luggage again until you reach your target airport. I think they are pretty flexible with the weight on the return journey, however I would be inclined not to push your luck too much ... I have not seen it happen but you may get challenged either at Barbados or your target airport (if the baggage handlers decide it too heavy).

You do not see your luggage again until you reach your target airport. I think they are pretty flexible with the weight on the return journey, however I would be inclined not to push your luck too much ... I have not seen it happen but you may get challenged either at Barbados or your target airport (if the baggage handlers decide it too heavy).

Quite agree here.

Do you drive at 50 in a 30 area?

Mike

i have seen on this website that in barbados they dont actually weigh your luggage is this right. i am asking this because if you hand your luggage in the night before you leave the ship when do you see it again.is it at barbados airport or back at your own airport.:confused:

i was asking this question as i had seen it on this website. no its not that i am going to be cheeky but if your over a little bit what happens because you wont be at the check in desk when its weighed, plus you really need to make sure you have got every thing you need for the following day if your not going to get your luggage back until you arrive at your own airport.

dont worry about your weight coming back from barbados,ours were well over 23kgs no problems at all,they dont even get weighed,we are on the azura in jan flying to barbados,i am always way over weight,just be nice to the check in assistant,offer them a sweet,generally be pleasant and i guarantee you wont be charged.i tend to put all my shoes and heavy beaded/sequin dresses in my hand luggage as they very rarely weigh it.good luck.

dont worry about your weight coming back from barbados,ours were well over 23kgs no problems at all,they dont even get weighed,we are on the azura in jan flying to barbados,i am always way over weight,just be nice to the check in assistant,offer them a sweet,generally be pleasant and i guarantee you wont be charged.i tend to put all my shoes and heavy beaded/sequin dresses in my hand luggage as they very rarely weigh it.good luck.

are you travelling with thomas cook?

been told they are going to be strict with the hand luggage size.

43 28 23.

went to cuba wth thomas cook in june they weighed my hand luggage

Re overweight hand luggage

Of course, hopefully everybody does realise that airplanes are "heavier than air" machines that will plummet to earth if they are too much "heavier than air" :)

The airlines have put themselves into an invidious position - by charging for check in luggage,etc , passengers (tight ones at least) are endangering their safety and every one else's by overloading the overhead lockers.

I am hoping that airlines wake up to what is happening and either change this new system or BAN the use of overhead lockers. There is something just a little frightening about people who show pride in how they "beat the system" and overloaded their portion of an aircraft, basically encouraging others to do so as well.

Flying used to be a very wonderful experience .

Barry

On P&O charters, the rules are dictated by P&O and it does not matter whether the aircraft is Thomson or Thomas Cook, the weight and size allowances are the same. Premium is the same as economy. Extract from P&O website

We have recently been advised that from 23 October 2008, the luggage allowances for all Charter flights will be reduced to 23 Kilos per person hold luggage. This change was brought about by the governments Health & Safety Officers, to ensure that baggage handlers in the UK do not have to lift any item exceeding 23kgs. However, the hand luggage allowance will remain at 5kgs per person with a size guideline of 43 cm x 28 cm x 23 cm.

Brian

We flew Thomas Cook to Barbados for our cruise last Jan. I read the sizes for the hand luggage and went out and bought new bags for us. When we got there I saw loads of people with the pull along small suitcases that were small but definitely bigger than the measurements sent out to us. No-one challenged them. We are going again next Feb but I wont take anything bigger because it would be my luck to be stopped! Dont think "but they had them last year" is a good enough excuse!!

tell me this,how come if you pay the excess its fine to be overweight,otherwise its not- i know they have to have guidelines,but hey i am 9 stone and a lady sitting next to me on my last flight was about 20 stone,anyway its up to the individual,i will almost certainly have excess and if i get away with it thats great.:)

Archived