Welcome ALL

kunapets

Just thought it would be good to have a place on CC where Military/Retired Military could share ideas and comments. We will have to stay within CC policy regarding solicitations, but we can still share cruise experiences and some of the deals out there.

Ken S

This thread sounds like a great idea. We have been on numerous cruises with a couple of different cruise lines and have shared the Baltic experience with an other retired Air Force couple. We will also be doing the Norwegian Star on the 25th, so lets plan to get together for a drink, Larry

Just for quick reference, I put the following list together. Shows at a glance who is eligible for Military Cruise Discounts. Please feel free to add to the list.

Ken S

Azamara US/Canada Active/Retired

Carnival US Active/Retired

Celebrity US/Canada Active/Retired

Costa US/Canada Active/Retired

Disney US Active/Retired

Holland US/Canada Active

MSC US/Canada Active/Retired

Norwegian US/Canada Active/Retired

Paul Gauguin US/Canada Active

Regent US/Canada Active/Retired

Royal Carb. US/Canada Active/Retired

Sea Dream US/Canada Active/Retired

Silversea US/Canada Active/Retired

Windstar US/Canada Active/Retired

Just for quick reference, I put the following list together. Shows at a glance who is eligible for Military Cruise Discounts. Please feel free to add to the list.

Ken S

I don't know if you are aware or not but I know that Carnival and NCL have military discounts for US veterans. We have gotten one on both. Probably some of the others do also, I am not sure. Thanks!

Carnival seems to have the best discounts for military and I like that rate better than early saver because I can change my dates or cancel. NCL is 5-10%. Luckily most cruise lines offer discounts to retired also which really helps us out.

Just found the Military Forum this morning. This is wonderful! Thanks to the original poster that decided to start this forum.

We booked cruise 10 and 11 during the recent Military Appreciation Month with Carnival. We have been able to book almost every cruise with the Military discount. As far as the early saver, it was only 20 dollars less than the Military rate, so I would never book the ES rate. Too many restrictions.

Looking forward to this forum and the different threads very much!:)

Just now getting into cruising and my DH usually keeps track of rates using web site suggested for military rates (guess I can't say the website 'cuz they do act as TA's). Anyway, NCL and some others show their military rate, but Carnival never seems to have it posted. Is there some special way to find out, like from Carnival site directly or what.

Saw the posting by jstcruizin (retired military here, booked early saver in March and just got a $200 ob credit because Carnival was having a military special that was cheaper then when I booked) It would be interesting to see what kind of a deal we could try to work.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to Carnival Legend, 1/16/11.

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent idea for a Board!

My husband and I are both Active Duty Air Force, and we will be cruising on MSC in February 2011 to celebrate our honeymoon. We got married right before I deployed (won't get back until November) and I've been logging ours in the morale computer room planning this trip. I want to it to perfect after being separated for 6 months!

Anyone heard the type of discount MSC provides? Their website is horrible, so can't find anything there about it.

Great idea, military discounts has saved us a lot on cruises.

I concur. I am from the Norfolk area of VA as well, where thousands of military are represented. I recieved a military discount on my October CTN on the Carnival Glory. Moreover, on yesterday, I saw that RCCL now has military rates on my cruise in Dec on the Allure. So, I called RCCL and received that reduction in price as well :o.

Ken S

Azamara US/Canada Active/Retired

Carnival US Active/Retired

Celebrity US/Canada Active/Retired

Costa US/Canada Active/Retired

Disney US Active/Retired

Holland US/Canada Active

MSC US/Canada Active/Retired

Norwegian US/Canada Active/Retired

Paul Gauguin US/Canada Active

Regent US/Canada Active/Retired

Royal Carb. US/Canada Active/Retired

Sea Dream US/Canada Active/Retired

Silversea US/Canada Active/Retired

Windstar US/Canada Active/Retired

Carnival also offers military discounts for reservists.

• 3 weeks later...
I am a widow of a career Air Force man who served 23 years. Are widows given the same rate or do they have to have a living spouse?

Not sure about other cruise lines, but I believe that Carnival requires the person that served in the Military be sailing. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We booked our March (deployment R&R) cruise with NCL and received a discount I think it was 10%. We didnt have our hearts/sights set on a discount so were surprised that it was offered.

Airfare is rarely offered at military discount unless off regular fare rates and then it's hard to get (military orders are booked through SATO only)

Military veterans are common on cruises but its fun to run into another couple using their R&R in a constructive manner vs. visiting family and 'honey do' lists. :cool:

I am a widow of a career Air Force man who served 23 years. Are widows given the same rate or do they have to have a living spouse?

I, too, am a widow. My husband was a USAF pilot who died earlier this year. I'm finding out that although my ID card provides the same benefits on an AF base as before, there are so many other benefits that I will no longer be able to take advantage of even though the ID card now reads "DB" for direct beneficiary (supposedly this means that I know longer have to have a sponsor, but get the benefits direct). Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to translate to the civilian world. I didn't think to ask about it when I booked my holiday cruise (didn't want to spend this first Christmas at home alone).

The military is to blame for my cruise addiction. After seeing the world on the government's dollar, I can't just sit at home and watch TV now can I ?

They set the bar so high for adventure and camaraderie, that I need a cruise vacation to recapture that spirit.

Toth .. Totally agree on the military being to blame for our adventure addiction. As you can see from our signature, we traveled to 26-countries while living in Germany (posted at a Royal Army base helped too w/ all the time off we had)

I've lived in AL, FL, SD, NC, OH with the Air Force as well.

Darn military! ;)

Toth .. Totally agree on the military being to blame for our adventure addiction. As you can see from our signature, we traveled to 26-countries while living in Germany (posted at a Royal Army base helped too w/ all the time off we had)

I've lived in AL, FL, SD, NC, OH with the Air Force as well.

Darn military! ;)

While in the military lived in England, Germany, Spain, Egypt, California, South Carolina, and Qatar. Visited while in the military; Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Turkey, France, Portugal, Italy, Vatican City, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria,Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Czech Republic, Japan, Hawaii and several other US states. Some on duty, some on leave.

That military life is rough....on cameras !

Good Morning everyone. Just found this site and like the idea of being able to talk with fellow vets. I retire from the AF in Oct 04. I just want to add to the list of cruise lines that was listed earlier as offering military discounts. We are booked on the Crown Princess for Jan. Princess doesn't offer a military discount, but will give you an on board credit depending on the length of your cruise. We are going on a 7 day cruise and received a $100 OBC. I believe it's $250 for 14 day cruises and longer and $50 for a 3-5 day cruise. You have to ask for it because they aren't going to offer it to you. Same with any of the lines. I always ask if they have a military discount for a cruise or anything dealing with travel. Worse they can do is say no. I used a military discount on 2 Carnival cruises we've taken. They book quickly, so you have to call early.

Take care and thanks to everyone for their service!

Archived