Welcome ALL

kunapets

While in the military lived in England, Germany, Spain, Egypt, California, South Carolina, and Qatar. Visited while in the military; Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Turkey, France, Portugal, Italy, Vatican City, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria,Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Czech Republic, Japan, Hawaii and several other US states. Some on duty, some on leave.

That military life is rough....on cameras !

In My DH's 20 year Air Force Career we were stationed at Wy, Texas, Ca, NM, Hawaii, Campion AK, OK, S. Korea. We also visited Japan, Phillipines Guam, NV.,Ct, and all states on between Ca. and Ct. also Ga, La, Tenn, Miss, Co Idaho Washington Oregon and many more.

Now hwe workd for the Army as a civil service worker (logistics) so we still travel with them a lot.

So i have to agree with you Thoth the Military IS to blame for this cruise addiction we have. They show us so much of this small world and then we are left to fend for ourselves.:cool:

In My DH's 20 year Air Force Career we were stationed at Wy, Texas, Ca, NM, Hawaii, Campion AK, OK, S. Korea. We also visited Japan, Phillipines Guam, NV.,Ct, and all states on between Ca. and Ct. also Ga, La, Tenn, Miss, Co Idaho Washington Oregon and many more.

Now hwe workd for the Army as a civil service worker (logistics) so we still travel with them a lot.

So i have to agree with you Thoth the Military IS to blame for this cruise addiction we have. They show us so much of this small world and then we are left to fend for ourselves.:cool:

Small world indeed.

I just found this forum tonight. Thanks for starting it!

I don't have much to add, other than that most HAL cruises these days have a get-together for veterans. I always enjoy these and get to hear some great stories, especially from WWII vets from the USA and other countries.

I am retired USAF and had a great career--saw a lot of things and places.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha Everyone, Hope your Christmas was Merry & the rest of the Holidays will be Happy.

Just found this thread and what a great idea. Wish I had thought of it.

I'm retired Air Force and agree with the "Military Induced Travel Addiction Theory".

I live in Hawaii and I'd be very happy to provide information to anyone travelling to this location

I have no further information to share at this time but I will as I experience items that have not been previously mentioned here.

Looking forward to cruising with some of you in the future.

Fair winds and following seas.

• 1 month later...

Deb, I was not aware that Carnival had a military meet & greet. We have been on 3 or 4 Carnival cruises and have never heard of them having one. We are going on our first NCL cruise in May and we will be sure and watch for it though. Thanks for letting us know about it and next time we are on Carnival we will watch for it too. Thanks, again!

My husband is retired Army and I'm retired Navy. (No, we don't watch the Army-Navy game together!) We have cruised twice, Carnival and Celebrity, and both times were told by our travel agent no military rate was available. Are we better off dealing with the cruise line rather than a TA for military rates?

My husband is retired Army and I'm retired Navy. (No, we don't watch the Army-Navy game together!) We have cruised twice, Carnival and Celebrity, and both times were told by our travel agent no military rate was available. Are we better off dealing with the cruise line rather than a TA for military rates?

I guess it depends on the TA. Lately I have discovered that dealing with the cruiseline directly works better for me....in that my wishes don't get lost in translation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, all. Is this subforum new? Glad to see it here.

BassettMom, I'm sorry for your loss. I wonder if we might know each other--we've had two tragic flight mishaps at my homestation this past year, and I've lost several very close friends.

Active duty AF pilot here. Currently deployed to Iraq--just did my R&R as a family vacation to Orlando, and later this year post-deployment, am taking my wife on a transatlantic from Rome to Rio de Janiero. Decided to go on Oceania this time--they don't have a military discount, unfortunately, but we'll see how the cruise line is.

Take care!

Archived