Inspiration. Drydock?

lookin4ward

Does anyone have any idea when the Inspiration goes into drydock? We are booked for November 29. I know she is an older ship so it would be nice to have her spruced up. We've sailed on her 3 times before and always had a nice time but the last time she was beginning to show her age.So is a facelift in the cards for the old gal?

On the link, I noticed this--

Godmother: Mary Anne Shula, Wife of Don Shula, ex-Miami Dolphin Coach

What dies this mean?

Its an honorary title. She is usually the woman who christens the ship (smashes the wine bottle) during the naming ceremony. They usually pick an important community member, celebrity or political figure.

On the link, I noticed this--

Godmother: Mary Anne Shula, Wife of Don Shula, ex-Miami Dolphin Coach

What dies this mean?

It probably means that the Godmother of the ship is Mary Anne Shula, Wife of Don Shula, ex-Miami Dolphin Coach

Its an honorary title. She is usually the woman who christens the ship (smashes the wine bottle) during the naming ceremony. They usually pick an important community member, celebrity or political figure.

Thanks. I had never heard of that term pertaining to a ship before. Makes sense now.:rolleyes:

Looks like she is scheduled for a dry docking later this year.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/inspiration/InspirationFactSheet.htm

I hope they are not welding the ugly balconies onto her like they have done to some of her Fantasy Class sisters.

Here's to hoping two weeks is probably not enough time to put the hideous looking balconies on her!!!!!

Balcony cabins are not available for my sailing, so maybe that is a clue.

Here's to hoping two weeks is probably not enough time to put the hideous looking balconies on her!!!!!

Balcony cabins are not available for my sailing, so maybe that is a clue.

We're looking at first week of March on Inspiration, and no mention of balconies there either.

We're booked for Nov. 6 - 11 on the Inspiration. I guess it is getting dry docked after that? I kind of hope it is before, either way we will have a great time!

*Seems it will be dry docked right before we cruise! Hopefully everything is ready to go on the 6th!

Anyone ever sail right after a dry dock? Any reason to worry about it not being done in time/delayed, etc.?

They are very good about returning a ship to service on time. A cancelled cruise would be a huge pain for the cruise line and passengers alike. If anything, they would just continue the work while the ship is back in service. They did this when Fantasy got her Evolutions of Fun dry docking. She wasn't fully done, so they put the finishing touches on during the first couple of cruises after she went back in service. I don't remember folks reporting huge issues, but some were annoyed that areas were off limits due to the construction.

That was the exception and not the rule though. They usually return the ship complete, and in very nice condition. We cruised on Fascination back in '06 a few weeks after a dry docking and she looked great. Everything was clean, the cabins had been remodeled and the hull was completely repainted.

Looks like she is scheduled for a dry docking later this year.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/inspiration/InspirationFactSheet.htm

I hope they are not welding the ugly balconies onto her like they have done to some of her Fantasy Class sisters.

Two weeks isn't long enough for the balcony upgrade. Count me as disappointed, as I love Inspiration and would love to be able to sail aboard her in an inexpensive balcony.

They are very good about returning a ship to service on time. A cancelled cruise would be a huge pain for the cruise line and passengers alike. If anything, they would just continue the work while the ship is back in service. They did this when Fantasy got her Evolutions of Fun dry docking. She wasn't fully done, so they put the finishing touches on during the first couple of cruises after she went back in service. I don't remember folks reporting huge issues, but some were annoyed that areas were off limits due to the construction.

That was the exception and not the rule though. They usually return the ship complete, and in very nice condition. We cruised on Fascination back in '06 a few weeks after a dry docking and she looked great. Everything was clean, the cabins had been remodeled and the hull was completely repainted.

On a side note - I really enjoyed your picture tours. I have been looking for some good photos of the Inspiration since we booked and finally found some!

Thanks!

Great...thanks for the info.

Archived