Taxi At San Pedro?

nycruise

Are Taxis available at the Port of San Pedro when you disembark or do you need to make prior arrangements?

Any idea what it costs to get to Westwood from San Pedro?

Thanks.

There are definitely taxi's available when you get off the ship in San Pedro. Sorry, I can't help with pricing...

On the boards for departure ports, there's lots of info re Port of LA.:)

Was this post moved? This is the board for departure ports?

Westwood is way past LAX--expect a very pricey cab ride--also, the freeway is always backed up just past the airport from the Marina Del Rey Freeway to the 101.

A cheaper way to do this is to take one of the shuttle services to LAX, get off, then get on another to your address in Westwood.

I realized that Supershuttle considers the Port of Los Angeles an "airport" so I put in the information from the Port to Westwood. It won't give a multiple person rate, just $44/person to the destination I selected--UCLA.

Thanks Patricia, I checked with a shuttle service and their rate is $65 plus tip, not that much less than a taxi. I think we'll stick with a taxi since the shuttle picks up around 11 AM because they don't know what time you will disembark. With a taxi we can leave as soon as we are ready.:)

One thing about the various shuttle services in the LA area is that like taxis, you can get picked up anywhere and taken to anywhere. Not just among the airports, ports and hotels. But most likely you would need to get a more private shuttle to go to Westwood, unless there happens to be any cruisers going there too (maybe more like Bel Aire). You'll probably end up in traffic going that way due to some major construction on the 405 in that area.

Archived