Just Received "The Call"

Ashpalo

CRU1Z1N-

Just wanted to give you as heads up on the L shaped 8A on the aft... My mom and I stayed in one last fall, and it was actually less spacious than a standard balcony room... The balcony is twice the size (Very nice with an extra lay downlounge chair), but the room itself is sized more like an interior cabin. There is no couch like in a regular balcony room and you almost have to crawl over the bed to get to the bathroom.

If you have never had a balcony they you will not know the differance, but if you have had one before just know that it is not quite the same set up in the room, but the balcony is very nice!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the heads up

I love it when fellow cruise critics look out for their fellow members :) That's one of the things I really like about this site!!!!

... room space isn't important to us....we've ALWAYS booked inside so where as the room size is the same i know we'll love the balcony!

You're welcome- I was a little disappointed when we got there and realized that the "skinny" part of the L is just closet and hallway. The balcony is fantastic and I am sure you and your hubby will love Love LOVE it! I also suprised my Hubby with our first balcony several cruises ago... totally, totally worth it!!!

I was only on one but the person who booked it for us was a past cruiser several times and never got "the call". I am trying to book a cruise for us in June but i kinda need my parents permission first... I hope I get "the call" this time because we are booking two rooms (after our experience of trying to fit 5 in an OV on NCL never again will we do it, although we probably could fit us all in one room on Carnival). I will have to make sure they I put down my cell phone number as the one to call, otherwise no one will pick up the phone.

Ashpalo - You didn't say what your current stateroom category is?

tracyanns You are better off that you didn't take it because you would have a hard time booking a regular cabin after having a suite...once you get one, it is hard to go back...

Tell me about it. On our last Carnival cruise, we had the Cat. 11 (JS). This time we have to settle for the Cat. 8 balcony. :(

Disagree. Carnival's suites are rather underwhelming.

We have had a JS, it it was much nicer than the JS on RCCL. :) About the same as HAL, but prettier, so I have to disagree with you. ;)

If you are booked through a TA, Carnival will *NOT* speak to you, period. They would communicate their "offer" through your TA.

Do they even call the TA's?

Archived