Just Received "The Call"

Ashpalo

Just received the call from the Upsell Fairy! First time ever that I've received the call! Before he got into his speach about how great the Grand Suite (or maybe he said Penthouse or Owner's, can't really remember) is, I stopped him and told him that unless it is a RIDICULOUSLY low price, he shouldn't waste his time and move on to the next person. So - he skipped his speech and said that it would normally be $1500 to move up, but I would only have to pay $600. I said "Thanks, but no thanks."

I'm just excited that I finally got "the call"! :D

Ashley :)

Congrats.!!!!!

I'm still waiting on my call. I am so prepared. I have an answer for everything they may say.

How far away are you from your cruise that you received the call.?

LOL! I wish I would have counter offered. But, It really wasn't in my budget and I've been really good so far staying within budget - at least with the pre-pay stuff (LOL).

I leave on Saturday!!!!! :D:D:D

o wasn't in your budget? I would tell them they would have an easier time trying to sell my cabin than the suite and it would be in THEIR best interest. i would ask for a supervisor and just play the game. If it doesn't happen, no big deal......

Just received the call from the Upsell Fairy! First time ever that I've received the call! Before he got into his speach about how great the Grand Suite (or maybe he said Penthouse or Owner's, can't really remember) is, I stopped him and told him that unless it is a RIDICULOUSLY low price, he shouldn't waste his time and move on to the next person. So - he skipped his speech and said that it would normally be $1500 to move up, but I would only have to pay $600. I said "Thanks, but no thanks."

I keep hearing they start down the list alaphetically- do you mind saying what your last name begins with? Ours begins with an "S" I don't think we'll ever get "the call".

I keep hearing they start down the list alaphetically- do you mind saying what your last name begins with? Ours begins with an "S" I don't think we'll ever get "the call".

It begins with a "P". He said that they were calling past guests first. You're only 3 letters after me, so there's a chance I'm sure. :)

I hope your daughters weren't in the room when you got the call! There goes the surprise! :rolleyes:

Did you book directly with Carnival or a TA?

Would Carnival call us directly or go through our TA?

We are booked through a TA and I don't want the upsell call as it will go to my DH phone. My TA helped get a great deal on the room of my choice and I don't want DH to mess it up. We currently have an L-shaped room with a larger balcony. DH thinks we have an OV room...the balcony is a surprise. SHHHH I've kept this secret for over 6 months now...only a few days left!!! I can hardly wait!!

Just received ... said that it would normally be $1500 to move up, but I would only have to pay $600. I said "Thanks, but no thanks."

Was that $600 per person or $600 total for the upgrade?

$600 per person - NO WAY $600 Total, I might think about it and possibly counter offer $500.

Did you book directly with Carnival or a TA?

Would Carnival call us directly or go through our TA?

We are booked through a TA and I don't want the upsell call as it will go to my DH phone. My TA helped get a great deal on the room of my choice and I don't want DH to mess it up. We currently have an L-shaped room with a larger balcony. DH thinks we have an OV room...the balcony is a surprise. SHHHH I've kept this secret for over 6 months now...only a few days left!!! I can hardly wait!!

If you are booked through a TA, Carnival will *NOT* speak to you, period. They would communicate their "offer" through your TA.

You are better off that you didn't take it because you would have a hard time booking a regular cabin after having a suite...once you get one, it is hard to go back...

Disagree. Carnival's suites are rather underwhelming.

I'm on the Inspiration on August 23 and I got a call a couple of weeks ago wanting to know if I wanted to take the Owner's Suite for a mere extra $1700.00!!! This is only a five day cruise! And my name begins with a "T." I am a past guest and we did book directly with Carnival.

Hi Cruizin,

Do you have a premier balcony room? I see you said it was an L shaped. We are on the Legend next month in room 6277 and looking for someone that has or has had a 9B cat room.

Thanks and have a great time.

JB

Sorry JB...we have an 8A cabin on the upper deck towards the back of the ship.

Archived