on board expenses for a 12 yr boy?

My son in sailing with a friend over the holidays. As per agreement, we are paying for my son's cruise fare-everything else is being covered. AS our last few cruises has been on DCL, I am not sure what Allure may offer.

I am planning on sending money to cover tips and soda package. Also, a some money for arcade. I will be sending some extra money in case he needs a souvenir.

Any other ideas/suggestions on what a 12 yr boy might spend money on?

Yes.

They are covering everything else.

They said they would cover all on board expenses , excursions, tips, etc.

I feel that we need to send money to cover some of the little extras my son may want.'

ETA: They are very good friends and extremely nice. The have one son and wanted to have our son go so the boys could have fun together. We have cruised with them before and have another cruise booked with them for next August.

The Cupcake Cupboard, candy shop and ice cream parlor charge a fee and Johnny Rockets for lunch/dinner. Flow rider lessons?

He may or may not be interested in Flowrider lessons. He has taken them twice before.

He may want some candy. But, he does not like ice cream or cake.

My son in sailing with a friend over the holidays. As per agreement, we are paying for my son's cruise fare-everything else is being covered. AS our last few cruises has been on DCL, I am not sure what Allure may offer.

I am planning on sending money to cover tips and soda package. Also, a some money for arcade. I will be sending some extra money in case he needs a souvenir.

Any other ideas/suggestions on what a 12 yr boy might spend money on?

Just returned from a cruise a few days ago that included my son who turns 12 later this month. Here's what I can add:

My son was all about the arcade. Be aware that if your son has charging privileges for his Seapass, he can add arcade credit to his Seapass at will. I would suggest having a little chat with him about your expectations for that so he doesn't go overboard!

The bartenders will make "smoothies" for the kids (virgin frozen drinks) and these are not covered with the soda package.

Maybe consider some extra tip money for room service. My son and his friend got a huge kick out of being able to order room service by themselves, and did so almost every night before bed (pizza, cookies). We made sure they had a small stack of dollar bills in their cabin for room service tips.

I was on Oasis with my 11 year old son and confirm the arcade was a big money drain. I gave him about $10 per day for the arcade and that worked pretty well although he could go through that quickly. The other thing both my kids loved loved loved was Bingo with Magic Marvin. Dont know if you child will want to do this but its about $30 a pop. Only other thing I might suggest is sending him with some extra money to get everyone a thank you souvenier, tshirts on board, etc. At 12 he is old enough to pick something out and it would make a nice surprise and thank you. The gift shop does two-fer tshirt days and they are about $30 for two I think. Just an idea. He's going to have a great time.... Oh, and a flowrider lesson for him and his friend might also be a nice thing for you to arrange for a thank you. If they are going to flowrider, which they will want to, a lesson is a must.

Archived