Dentist on P O ships?

phileas fog

Hi everyone.

This is my first post,even though I have been reading them for a few years.

We are off on the Azura next week, and just wondering if they have a dentist on board? No problems with my teeth but have a fear of having a bad tooth on hols!!

I had a crown which fell out on a cruise. The next port was Dubrovnik. The port agent was contacted by reception. He made me an appointment with a local dentist, picked us up in his car, waited for us and brought us back. The service was great and the dentist only charged $20 to stick it back in.

It fell out again in another cruise and the ship`s doctor stuck it back in. The repair was not as good and it cost a lot more.

I carry a repair kit with me now.

Went on Arcadia last Christmas and in the Spa area where there was rooms for much pampering one was occupied by a Dentist. His main service was teeth whitening - and was they pushing that,£200 on the way out to Caribbean,£100 sailing back home - but talking to him he was fully trained in India and it was fully fitted out with the instruments.

I can't think that is the only ship in the fleet to have one. :eek:

Take a dental repair kit with you, just in case. I believe you have to go ashore at the next port for dental treatment.

Richard

And for some of us....a denture repair kit....some people say super glue, but I have a nifty little kit from my chemist.

Jo.

• 3 weeks later...

Well ironically I had my questions answered to my original question on our recent cruise on the wonderful Azura!!

However it was not me who needed help but my 18 year old son.His toothache had started a few days before we departed and our own dentist could find no problem,but by the first evening he was in considerable discomfort,we went to the doctor on the second day who gave us antibiotics but he was still suffering the next day so we asked at the reception desk if they could help us find a denitist in our 1st port of call Malaga. They were very good and arranged a taxi from the port to a local dentist and taxi back. Thankfully the dentist managed to sort him out with 2 hours of root canal treatment !!! and by the next day he was much better and we enjoyed the rest of a wonderfull cruise.

Many thanks to P and O for their much needed help.

Went on Arcadia last Christmas and in the Spa area where there was rooms for much pampering one was occupied by a Dentist. His main service was teeth whitening - and was they pushing that,£200 on the way out to Caribbean,£100 sailing back home - but talking to him he was fully trained in India and it was fully fitted out with the instruments.

I can't think that is the only ship in the fleet to have one. :eek:

And, given their food, an advisable precaution.

Archived