need quick help with triumph stateroom choices!!

momofdss

i have stateroom 6364 booked (cat 8b - upper deck, port side, midship)

carnival is offering me an upgrade to either

a - stateroom 9279 (cat 8e - lido deck, starboard, midship)

or

b - stateroom 1058 (cat 8e - panorama deck, port side, forward)

or

c - stateroom 1059 (cat 8e - panorama deck, starboard, forward)

no costs or fees to upgrade....

the rep is pushing the lido deck room as it is "closest to the food" ... lol

my personal concern is that this is our first cruise and i get seasick -- we chose the stateroom we have currently due to what people have already suggested -- middle of the ship top to bottom/front to back......

any suggestions or comments??

thanks!!

honestly, i don't know....

the rep who helped us pick our original cabin, said we were in a good area. close to the elevators, but below other cabins, above storage areas. she also said port side was more fun for people watching......

i'm just wondering if we should move at all??? if the staterooms on the higher decks are the exact same, is it worth it really? i don't NEED to be on a higher floor - especially if i'm going to feel the ship movement more and the room is identical.

just needed some input from all you experienced cruisers.....

Most people love lido deck because the pool is there and the buffet, the pizza, etc. No stairs. Fewer cabins so its quieter.

If you are nervous, keep what you have until you get your sealegs.

Sounds like nonsense that port side has more people watching. Port side can change as one time the ship backs in the other pulls straight in and faces both directions at times in the same port. A holdover from the days when port always faced the port.

We had a cabin on Destiny on Lido deck (more foreward) - nice, no seasickness problems. Great view. We liked the location so well that rebooked what would be the equivalent to the room right next door to 9279 (on Destiny). We chose that one because it had less traffic (quieter) than the more forward area. This might be a good way to try something "new" for no extra charge.

If you are "pool" people, I would choose the Lido deck cabin. You will be just steps away from your cabin, which is good for bathroom breaks. I also like the starboard side because you get afternoon shade on your balcony during the second half of your cruise (when you are headed north, usually).

ok- it's done - we took the lido stateroom.... figured it would help to be easy access to everything with the toddler.....

thanks to those who responded so quickly...... i got ahold of my pvp and she said it was a great place to be too...

Archived