Can you get MDR food to go? NCL Sun

mnmstaller

they don't have "to go" boxes or trays. However, you could be seated and ask to have the entire dinner order brought at the same time and then somehow schlep several plates back to your cabin.

If you think that you want to bring food to your cabin often, consider packing a tray to help with that.

I would get the food from the buffet, so that you can load a single plate just the way that you want it. Take a break after your cabin dinner and then get dessert from the buffet or eat it there with a nice cup of coffee.

In my opinion, there really is not a good place in the cabin to sit and eat...I hate balancing a plate on my knees while trying to manage a napkin in the breeze and not knocking over my drink glass that I had to place on the deck.

Norwegian Cruise Lines is NOT Celebrity Cruise Lines.

On an NCL ship, one cannot order dinner, from the MDR menu, to have it delivered by Room Service. [One CAN do that on Celebrity ships.]

What is available via Room Service on an NCL ship is too shabby for what OP had in mind -- "We would like to have dinner on our balcony one night" -- unless OP is one of a pair of adolescents who are easily satisfied!

Can this be done? We would like to have dinner on our balcony one night.

You've never cruised before have you?

I have a few questions for you...

Do you know how small and cramped your balcony will be?

You do understand there's no comfortable dining furniture on the balcony, right?

Do you know how hot and humid it will be out on the balcony?

Room service is your only option if you still think it's a good idea.

Hello!

I was on a cruise this past June with my boyfriend it was our first one and was on the Jewel. One night we went to eat at the buffet in the Garden Cafe and there wasn't much seating so we just stacked our plates and took them back to our cabin. Everything on our plates was exactly what we wanted (better than room service). I'm not sure if that what you meant. But eating on the balcony sounds nice especially if the sun is setting. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

-aimee :D

Hello, Room Service? or take a togo plate from the sports bar. :D

Room service has an extremely limited menu, not conducive to dinner on the balcony unless you want hamburgers, pizza, or a sandwich.

I don't think the Sports Bar has to go service, and again the food from the sports bar is snacky kinds of things, not really for dinner on the balcony.

I don't think the MDR has to go service.

Hello!

I was on a cruise this past June with my boyfriend it was our first one and was on the Jewel. One night we went to eat at the buffet in the Garden Cafe and there wasn't much seating so we just stacked our plates and took them back to our cabin. Everything on our plates was exactly what we wanted (better than room service). I'm not sure if that what you meant. But eating on the balcony sounds nice especially if the sun is setting. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

-aimee :D

Sounds like a good idea. If you don't have a butler, you could both head upstairs and quickly grab some food and head back to your room to enjoy.

We were in a Sky Suite on Celebrity Mercury and we had a HUGE balcony, dining table, 3 chaise loungers, and 6 other chairs. Had dinner out there almost every night. The butler made the table up with linens, flatware, glassware each night...it was pretty nice. It's not that hot if you have a breeze and the sun is going down. Some balconies are indeed a little tight, but others can be quite large. I forget if there is a little table on NCL balconies, but maybe ask your steward for another so you each have one.

Norwegian Cruise Lines is NOT Celebrity Cruise Lines.

On an NCL ship, one cannot order dinner, from the MDR menu, to have it delivered by Room Service. [One CAN do that on Celebrity ships.]

What is available via Room Service on an NCL ship is too shabby for what OP had in mind -- "We would like to have dinner on our balcony one night" -- unless OP is one of a pair of adolescents who are easily satisfied!

What a pleasant post!

I'll grant you that we sail in the OS, and that it has a more generous balcony than some, and I admit that we eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, and I'll also admit that we have never even been in the MDR, but we have been known to go to the buffet later in the evening, and choose exactly what we want, and then carry it back to our suite. We've never seen even a raised eyebrow from any crew member, and have, on more than one occasion, been asked by a crew member if we would care to have him/her bring it to our suite.

As for room service....although the butler is more than happy to bring us anything from any restaurant onboard, we are often quite content with what we are able to find in the buffet, but we have also been known to order from room service, even though we are certainly not adolescents!

To each his own, I guess.

Sounds like a good idea. If you don't have a butler, you could both head upstairs and quickly grab some food and head back to your room to enjoy.

We were in a Sky Suite on Celebrity Mercury and we had a HUGE balcony, dining table, 3 chaise loungers, and 6 other chairs. Had dinner out there almost every night. The butler made the table up with linens, flatware, glassware each night...it was pretty nice. It's not that hot if you have a breeze and the sun is going down. Some balconies are indeed a little tight, but others can be quite large. I forget if there is a little table on NCL balconies, but maybe ask your steward for another so you each have one.

We were in a sky suite on the Mercury a while back also. The butler not only made up a table for us each night, but he took our 6 month old son with him so we could eat in peace :)

Can this be done? We would like to have dinner on our balcony one night.

On all NCL ships that we have sailed, the 24 hour restaurant has accommodated requests for orders to go--with appropriate containers. If you are happy with their menu--we like the wings (!) Sorry--do not know about the MDR, but I would not be surprised if they would give you a cover for your plate and let you take it--Freestyle, you know !! I think the specialty restaurants would give you food to go as well...we always take the cheese plate on the dessert menu in Le Bistro to the cabin and put it in the fridge--lasts all week !! They have always wrapped it to go without question.

Archived