Guarantee Cabin how often do you check?

vickie_bernie

:)

Last night I even went to the princess site to book my cruise and see what rooms were available. Only 1 inside room number would come up and no obstructed views were available. (I think I did it right) Can't get on the Princess site right now so can't double check my findings. I think I need to join you in that 12 step program Vickie! LOL

yes I think you did good.... there are only four balconies available all above what i booked. Lets just hope they dont move others that have cabins allready up and give us their cabin.... Oh well I am happy with being on a cruise.

You should at least get an oceanview minimum. :)

I'm checking whenever I'm online. My husband and I are doing the Diamond Princess in Alaska on 8/21 and I'm hoping no news is good news! We booked an unobstructed ocean view and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a balcony. :p

Good luck, everyone!

~Mindi

Me, too. We're booked on the 28th on the Diamond oceanview (unobstructive) and hoping for a balcony. However I'll be happy with what I booked. But would just like to know. I keep thinking that it will be good news when they do assign a room. Just checked and not there yet.

Thanks so much for starting this thread - I was thinking I was the only one who checks every day (o.k. - truthfully 2 or 3 times a day)!

Our last 2 cruises, we had our cabin assignment within a week....not so this time. I'll have my computer worn out by the time October gets here! I've checked 5 times today...hoping that Friday was the magical day....no luck.

Maybe they will get tired of us checking and give us a great cabin location! We book balcony guarantee and on our Emerald cruise we got Caribe Deck (big balcony). It was awesome!!

Pam in KY

I'm laughing because a number of cruisers on my roll have commented about checking every day (at least once :D) and still no assignment, and we cruise on the Emerald on 9-5. Some of us have a B2B which complicates the matter, but the waiting is -- well, not really agonizing -- but unsettling.

Okay I rarely book a guarantee cabin, but I did this past week when i booked an October Panama Cruise. I've been checking my Personalizer probably three times a day to see if a cabin has been assigned. Am I nuts! Okay don't answer that :p

So how often do you check the personalizer to see if a cabin has been assigned ?

Whenever I'm home or near a computer, at least once every couple hours. But if I'm away, I'll have my friend keep checking for me. Cheers!

Me neither. I leave 8/21/10 island princess alaska and am very nervous about this. That is only 10 days away. I thought for sure i would have something by now. Do they email you when they have assigned your cabin?

Unfortunately, they don't email you. Now that sure would save us all a lot of computer visits to our Princess Personalizers. The good news was that on my last cruise, though it seemed to take forever, when I did check early one morning -- I checked every morning -- and finally discovered a cabin had been assigned, I was delighted to find I had been upgraded from an inside to an obstructed view. But that's the only upgrade I've ever had. I'll be thrilled if it continues to happen every now and then.

Unfortunately, they don't email you. Now that sure would save us all a lot of computer visits to our Princess Personalizers. The good news was that on my last cruise, though it seemed to take forever, when I did check early one morning -- I checked every morning -- and finally discovered a cabin had been assigned, I was delighted to find I had been upgraded from an inside to an obstructed view. But that's the only upgrade I've ever had. I'll be thrilled if it continues to happen every now and then.

Actually Princess did email my TA with my cabin assignment.

Actually Princess did email my TA with my cabin assignment.

They usually fax the TAs with the change, but many times, the faxes get held up at Princess' end or at the agency's end. Then, they have to get to the right agent. Sometimes, they just don't make it to you in time. It pays to be proactive and check on your own.

Sure makes me feel better seeing that many of you don't have cabin assignments yet. Our sailing is really empty. Although we didn't book a Guarantee, I'm still hoping for a small upgrade so I'm with the rest of you - checking My Princess way too much! ;)

They usually fax the TAs with the change, but many times, the faxes get held up at Princess' end or at the agency's end. Then, they have to get to the right agent. Sometimes, they just don't make it to you in time. It pays to be proactive and check on your own.

I agree....usually you can find out on your own much quicker. In this case I'd been out the night before and had too many "refreshments" :D so my TA was ahead of me for once. I wasn't up very early the next day.

Has anyone rec'd their assignments? Seems like lots of people posting upgrade threads! Also checked our cruise date and looks like alot of the cabins have been assigned and it's still 2 months away! Nothing assigned to us :(

Has anyone rec'd their assignments? Seems like lots of people posting upgrade threads! Also checked our cruise date and looks like alot of the cabins have been assigned and it's still 2 months away! Nothing assigned to us :(

still nothing for me too and more and more categories are now waitlisted

We STILL have 6 mos. to go and I check it every other day. Finally got smart and listed those available cabins from the Princess website (lunch hour activity ... gets quiet around here). Soooo, I'll check them every week or so and cross out those that have been deleted from the list. It's either gonna work out in my favor (not holding my breath here) or kick me in the behind and backfire! :eek:

We STILL have 6 mos. to go and I check it every other day. Finally got smart and listed those available cabins from the Princess website (lunch hour activity ... gets quiet around here). Soooo, I'll check them every week or so and cross out those that have been deleted from the list. It's either gonna work out in my favor (not holding my breath here) or kick me in the behind and backfire! :eek:

I am crazy enough to to this too- where did you find out how many rooms are booked or not -Thanks.

I am crazy enough to to this too- where did you find out how many rooms are booked or not -Thanks.

I got on the Princess website and did a general search w/our sailing date, searched our category and listed those available cabins, which, in our AE category, have none listed any longer; went to the next cat. up and found and listed those cabins, etc. all the way up to the suites. Will see if it gets me where I want to be! Or not ...

I got on the Princess website and did a general search w/our sailing date, searched our category and listed those available cabins, which, in our AE category, have none listed any longer; went to the next cat. up and found and listed those cabins, etc. all the way up to the suites. Will see if it gets me where I want to be! Or not ...

I believe Princess.com only lists up to six available cabins in each category.

Hi everyone.

I have tried to figure out how to find out how well our cruise (Sea p. 24th jan 2011) is selling !!I have tried going into the Prin. website but whatever I do i cant seem to find out.

When i booked in Jan 2010 in a TA shop- we were assign our cabin (carribe balony- C322) at the time of booking- which after reading CC I am happy with. As much as an upgrade would be great= I'm more than happy with what we have but I would still like to know (for future bookings) how to check out what is available.

just one other question---- although we were assigned a cabin when booking we were asked if we would accepted an upgrade- if available and being relatively inexperienced cruisers ( 1 previous cruise-not princess) we just said yes- not really knowing what we were agreeing to. Is it possible that Princess would upgrade us or do you think we should contact TA and request that we keep our assigned cabin.

Any advice welcome

Elaine

I believe Princess.com only lists up to six available cabins in each category.

That's nice to know; should the cabins I have listed fill up, they'll list more, maybe? I notice cat. AE is currently waitlisted. We shall see.

We are on the Ruby on Oct 31. Booked Balcony Guarantee (BG) and rec'd our room assigment today. We are on the Riviera Deck and are pleased with our assignment. I'm so happy...now I won't have to keep checking everyday!

That's wonderful, congrats! We sail on Oct 23rd and I don't see a cabin assignment yet! :D

I finally got it! We're sailing on Saturday and I just got it today. We were upgraded from D to CC, which is bigger. We're in B101 on the Diamond, which seems to be front and center. :) We'll see if we get upgraded further, but it seems like a nice cabin to my inexperienced eye.

~Mindi

I was wondering why there is only ever 6 listed at a time! Good info, thanks!

You can check on the availability of any cabin beyond the six listed, too. If you scroll down a little on that screen, you'll see a place where you can enter a specific cabin number. Make sure you're in the right category (if you've asked for BD cabins, don't put in a cabin number that's a BC -- won't show as available even if it is) and you'll need to type in the whole cabin identifier, deck letter plus number (B505, not just 505) and capitalize the letter. These are all things I learned the hard way . . . !

I finally got it! We're sailing on Saturday and I just got it today. We were upgraded from D to CC, which is bigger. We're in B101 on the Diamond, which seems to be front and center. :) We'll see if we get upgraded further, but it seems like a nice cabin to my inexperienced eye.

~Mindi

We sail the following week on the Diamond and still waiting for a room #. Booked an EE guarantee and hoping for an upgrade, but would be happy with what we booked. Every category is marked as "waitlisted" and has been for awhile. I assume that the ship is sold to the capacity. Don't know if that is good or bad for us in regards to getting an upgrade. Hope we don't have to wait until we board to find out our room#. Did they send you an email, Mindi? of did you just find it on the cruise personalizer? I'd love to get a room like you are getting. A balcony would be even sweeter I think. Well only 10 days and we should find out pretty soon.

We sail the following week on the Diamond and still waiting for a room #. Booked an EE guarantee and hoping for an upgrade, but would be happy with what we booked. Every category is marked as "waitlisted" and has been for awhile. I assume that the ship is sold to the capacity. Don't know if that is good or bad for us in regards to getting an upgrade. Hope we don't have to wait until we board to find out our room#. Did they send you an email, Mindi? of did you just find it on the cruise personalizer? I'd love to get a room like you are getting. A balcony would be even sweeter I think. Well only 10 days and we should find out pretty soon.

I checked the personalizer, but it expired, so I started printing boarding passes. :p Actually, I did some research and it seems that the room I got started life as a balcony, and still has one, but the doors are locked. Since it's at the front of the ship, the winds are too strong when the ship is moving. Someone suggested they might unlock it while we're in port, if we asked nicely. I'll let you know! And good luck getting that balcony!

~Mindi

Archived