Guarantee Cabin how often do you check?

vickie_bernie

still nothing and we sail Monday. I do not have personlizer anymore. Will my cabin assignment show up on the boarding passes? Or will I have to wait now till I get to port?

They will show on your boarding passes...

We booked the Christmas cruise on the Crown (Dec 23) in July. We paid for a Category G ocean view guarantee and last week were assigned (upgraded) to a category C on the Riviera deck!

Are we likely to be upgrade/moved after assignment? We are happy with what was assigned, but we are curious if anyone has ever been moved after assignment. I thought it unusual that we were placed so early.

Oh, by the way, this is our first time on Princess even though we have cruised many times before on other lines.

Your opinions are welcomed!

We booked the Christmas cruise on the Crown (Dec 23) in July. We paid for a Category G ocean view guarantee and last week were assigned (upgraded) to a category C on the Riviera deck!

Are we likely to be upgrade/moved after assignment? We are happy with what was assigned, but we are curious if anyone has ever been moved after assignment. I thought it unusual that we were placed so early.

Oh, by the way, this is our first time on Princess even though we have cruised many times before on other lines.

Your opinions are welcomed!

Yes, I've been upgraded twice, but it's very rare. I wouldn't count on it. They can sell a heap of category G guarantees but on my cruise, those category C cabins were not selling well as of the six weeks prior which is when I booked the cruise, so that's probably why you've already been assigned. But if you do want a glimmer of hope, I was ultimately upgraded to a balcony on that cruise! Good luck.

now that i have booked the two day portion of my back to back on a guarantee too, I now have two cruises to check multiple times a day! I wonder if they will give us two different cabins or one... the cruises are linked. Can't wait.

Mkener: that is a great upgrade, I have never had a double upgrade but then again i alway check you just never know. Good luck

That's wonderful, congrats! We sail on Oct 23rd and I don't see a cabin assignment yet! :D

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this upgrade thing, or cabin assignment.

We have more than 160 days to go before our cruise Jan 29 2011. Yesterday we got an upgrade from BF to BA on the Caribe deck. We are thrilled but I wouldn't want to put money on any type of system they are using to make the choices.

I feel like we won the lottery! But... with 160+ days before we cruise it just seems early to be giving out such a BIG upgrade.

One thing for sure. Princess has made us very happy! And we wish you as much luck as we received.

This will be interesting for us. DW and I just listed today for a cruise next weekend. Super price, boring itinerary but we wanted to get away and couldn't resist. I guess I'll be on the computer come Monday. A dockside assignment wouldn't bother me at all, but, still, I'll check daily.

This will be interesting for us. DW and I just listed today for a cruise next weekend. Super price, boring itinerary but we wanted to get away and couldn't resist. I guess I'll be on the computer come Monday. A dockside assignment wouldn't bother me at all, but, still, I'll check daily.

We got what we paid for and I am not complaining.

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this upgrade thing, or cabin assignment.

We have more than 160 days to go before our cruise Jan 29 2011. Yesterday we got an upgrade from BF to BA on the Caribe deck. We are thrilled but I wouldn't want to put money on any type of system they are using to make the choices.

I feel like we won the lottery! But... with 160+ days before we cruise it just seems early to be giving out such a BIG upgrade.

One thing for sure. Princess has made us very happy! And we wish you as much luck as we received.

Wow, that is a wonderful upgrade! I just got an email TONIGHT, didn't know they worked so late...we finally got our room assignment and they said it was an upgrade from a BF to a BB. The notice says we have 48 hrs to confirm, but I don't see any available rooms in that category ...I wonder what the chances are they upgrade again with 60 days left to cruise. We had an uncovered mini-suite on our last cruise and I hated being so open.:confused:

Wow, that is a wonderful upgrade! I just got an email TONIGHT, didn't know they worked so late...we finally got our room assignment and they said it was an upgrade from a BF to a BB. The notice says we have 48 hrs to confirm, but I don't see any available rooms in that category ...I wonder what the chances are they upgrade again with 60 days left to cruise. We had an uncovered mini-suite on our last cruise and I hated being so open.:confused:

Congrats! A BB is fantastic.

Thanks, Colo. This is only our 2nd Princess cruise and we noticed our cabin is D735, in the very aft, next to nice big suites. We're little fish amongst big fish!

Yes I saw your other post and answered you there.

Its a great location, I would mark it no upgrade. But thats me. :D

Thanks, Colo. This is only our 2nd Princess cruise and we noticed our cabin is D735, in the very aft, next to nice big suites. We're little fish amongst big fish!

that is a great cabin, a lot of people book this cabin way out. congrats, I am still waiting for my cabin ....

Congratulations, Lynzchat! I think it’s a nice upgrade.

I have a question re the upgrade email. Did you get it from Princess directly or from your TA (I am not sure how you booked)? We got upgraded from BG to BA for our December cruise, but didn’t get any email or request to confirm.

Thanks, Chelsea

• 1 month later...
They don't make assignments until final payment has been made do they? I haven't booked a guarantee in a long time and then it was on Carnival. They never made assignments until final payment was made...:confused:

An assignment can be made anytime after the initial booking is deposited.

In March I booked an OV GTY and only found out 3 days before --- I was frantic (and wound up in the category I booked). For this upcoming sailing I booked a GTY a couple of weeks ago on a Friday and had an assignment by the next Tuesday..... and that was still 7 weeks out. Crazy.

I know that on Disney there is much more waiting as Disney sells A LOT of Cat 12 GTYs and there are only 10 or so on the ships. They might sell as many as 100 of these and then there is this huge wait and debate to see who gets what.... I'd never go through that again on Disney as there was no rhyme or reason to the assignments.

Booked the Feb 28th sailing of the Grand in early Sept....we did a gty obscured view..hh cat...checked the personizler every few days. Earlier this week we were assigened a cabin on Lido deck...an unobscured view:D.

at least a one cat upgrade....we will calmly wait to see if the upgrade fairy finds us again in the next 5 months!!!!

I booked an Obstructed GTY mid September, (for Thanksgiving week/CP) got a cabin assignment early last week.. assigned OV.

Booked for week between Christmas and New Year's BG and don't have an assignment yet...

.... and still waiting for our assigned cabin. Booked an AD mini qty for our 11/8/10 Emerald Carribean cruise. All the mini's and balconies are waitlisted, but a Princess CSV Rep. told me they hold back some cabins that aren't listed on the website. Still hoping we'll receive one of the prized AD mini's.

I booked a May cruise and filled out the online paperwork last night. Today I have a room. I am not paid in full..in fact I've only got $200 total invested.

When I booked my December cruise, I got a room three days after filling out the stuff in my personalizer.

They don't make assignments until final payment has been made do they? I haven't booked a guarantee in a long time and then it was on Carnival. They never made assignments until final payment was made...:confused:

Archived