Vancouver to Alaska???

patannel

I am a newbie! Sailing on Navigator 8/8 out of Vancouver. Need help understanding what we do at the airport. (YVR) Everything is with Regent. We arrive on Skywest from SLC same day as sailing. My TA has had little experience booking with Regent.

Will we be able to use US Direct and avoid going thru customs? I'm sure I'll find out when our documents arrive. But would love to have someone who has done this "walk me thru it!" I'm freaking out about flying the same day as embarkation. Did not do ALL my homework for first cruise. Regent was willling to change flights, but DELTA was not !!!!

How exciting to be going on your first Regent cruise. Don't worry -- Regent will pick you up, take care of your bags and get you to the ship. Generally you go through customs. We live near Vancouver and have a Nexus pass, but, are not familiar U.S. Direct. Once you go through Passport Control and Customs (assuming that you will need to) you will find your Regent Representative holding a sign and looking for you.

SLC is not really that far from Vancouver -- there should be no difficulty getting there the same day (what time does your flight arrive?) But, just in case there were a problem with your flight, just call Regent (the phone numbers will be with your documents). They really do a wonderful job in taking care of their passengers:)

Correction....embarkgation is 9/8 (Sept. 8) Hit me with a wet noodle!

We leave the house at 5 AM, LEAVE IAH AT 6:45, ARRIVE SLC AT 9:15, LEAVE SCL ON SKYWEST ARRIVE YVR AT 12:30. GATE 90. HAVE TO MAKE REGENT TRANSFER TO SHIP BEFORE IT SAILS!!! HOW FAR MUST WE WALK?

Correction....embarkgation is 9/8 (Sept. 8) Hit me with a wet noodle!

We leave the house at 5 AM, LEAVE IAH AT 6:45, ARRIVE SLC AT 9:15, LEAVE SCL ON SKYWEST ARRIVE YVR AT 12:30. GATE 90. HAVE TO MAKE REGENT TRANSFER TO SHIP BEFORE IT SAILS!!! HOW FAR MUST WE WALK?

As you have made your air arrangements through Regent, you will be met at the airport after clearing formalities. The rep will take your luggage from you and will have transport waiting, a coach or private car, depending on numbers, and you will quickly be on your way to Canada Place. There you are dropped right by the Customs check in and on to Navigator check in. Little walking and no hassle.

Lucky you. On a great cruise, a holiday of a lifetime. Please let us know how you get on.

Have a great time - we were on that cruise last year in Sept also. I was nervous also as it was my 1st cruise and 1st Regent cruise - BUT let me tell you Regent handled everything - I really wasn’t used to everyone getting everything right.

RELAX - ENJOY - TAKE a lot of pictures - take advantage of everything offered and you’ll to lifetime converts to cruising.

Archived