Is it ok to share a beverage package?

Mr. Luckytoo

Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to share a beverage package?

• It is never ok, it's theft
    • It's not right but sharing a drink a few times is ok
    • Its ok because I don't drink that much everyday
    • I know it's probably not ok but I'll probably share with my spouse
    • It's ok because Celebrity makes enough money
    • I never reall thought about it

Wow! Did you or your colleagues ever arrest anyone for taking a sip of someone else's drink?

No, I did not, that would be stupid unless a restaurant owner absolutely went nuts and insisted...Different rules on land, in some places that would actually also be against Beverage control laws, there are some weird laws out there, you would be surprised.

I like the idea of Theft by Deception. I can get my head wrapped around that better than Shoplifting but I think its more or a morals issue than a legal one.;)

I absolutely agree and an issue of common sense on both the part of the purchaser and the cruise line...

Edited by dkjretired

Well with a little over 300 votes I'm a little surprised at the vote totals:

View Poll Results: Is it acceptable to share a beverage package? This poll will close on August 26th, 2010 at 12:09 AM

It is never ok, it's theft clear.gif65.19%

It's not right but sharing a drink a few times is ok 17.09%

Its ok because I don't drink that much everyday 4.43%

I know it's probably not ok but I'll probably share with my spouse 7.28%

It's ok because Celebrity makes enough money 2.22%

I never reall thought about it 3.80%

But the again with all that I hear in the news about corporate theft/greed and political corruption....

Interest...BTW, ...Thanks to all who have voted

Also, I responded to your posts from the other day and they were not removed because you disagreed with someone but because they had personal attacks within them. My posts were removed also because I responded to yours...

I am making no personal opinions on the actions described in this thread...

I

So...........it is acceptable to call others immoral thiefs etc etc but it is not ok to respond that those people judging others as immoral and thieves may be sanctimonious and hypocritical. I never did attack any one idividual. I may a broad sweeping statement that there seems to be some hypocrisy at hand on these threads.

In doing a quickie, I have found all but one of your comments on topics somewhat neutral, IMHO. The rest have been highly antagonistic, again in my IMHO. You need a cruise. ;) Do you have one booked??? If so which...we should try to change the subject.

Edited by FinelyCruising

Not vague or ambiguous at all . I understand it fully.

I can make the judgement call that I don't want to live a certain way , or do a certain thing because it isn't right for me without passing judgement on the person who feels its right for them.

It's called I'll go my way. You go yours.

The vague part to me was the attempt to differentiate between making judgements and being judgemental. If you make a judgement about someone aren't you judging them? if if you judge them, is that being judgemental to a certain extent.

Edited by maxi1966

Whether I had ordered a cola with a beverage card or bought one using my cruise card, my DW would be quite happy taking a sip out of my drink, and I would be failing in my role of devoted husband, who agreed in the sight of God to love, honour and cherish her, if I were to deny her thirst.

In the above scenario who is a saint and which cruise company is the devil?;):rolleyes::cool:

I would take a sip of my husband's drink and maybe give him a taste of mine. That might be considered by some "sharing" a package, but rather sharing a drink. Others will argue that a drink is part of a package; so? Why is it anyone's business if I take a sip? You will call me a thief? :eek: I think I am only a thief if I sip and he doesn't want me to.

Edited by cheryl20772

The vague part to me was the attempt to differentiate between making judgements and being judgemental. If you make a judgement about someone aren't you judging them? if if you judge them, is that being judgemental to a certain extent.

People make judgements about things/situations and yes people each and every day. That's why we have things called laws. When you break a law you go before a judge.

When I see someone who has gobs and gobs of tatoos over their arms and face with facial piercings I judge that person as someone who doesn't really respect their body and I would never hire that type of person to work in my business. If that person speaks to me I answer in a polite and civilized voice but I don't ask them over for drinks.

A judgemental person, however, would go over to that person (unsolicited) and tell the tatoo'ed person how wrong they are and express their beliefs - unsolicited.

Telling others your beliefs that people who take drinks and giving them to people who aren't on a drink plan is theft isn't judgemental - it is their belief based on their morals/principles.

So...........it is acceptable to call others immoral thiefs etc etc but it is not ok to respond that those people judging others as immoral and thieves may be sanctimonious and hypocritical. I never did attack any one idividual. I may a broad sweeping statement that there seems to be some hypocrisy at hand on these threads.

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just answering your question because I saw it the other day....

People make judgements about things/situations and yes people each and every day. That's why we have things called laws. When you break a law you go before a judge.

When I see someone who has gobs and gobs of tatoos over their arms and face with facial piercings I judge that person as someone who doesn't really respect their body and I would never hire that type of person to work in my business. If that person speaks to me I answer in a polite and civilized voice but I don't ask them over for drinks.

A judgemental person, however, would go over to that person (unsolicited) and tell the tatoo'ed person how wrong they are and express their beliefs - unsolicited.

Telling others your beliefs that people who take drinks and giving them to people who aren't on a drink plan is theft isn't judgemental - it is their belief based on their morals/principles.

Absolutely unbelievably sanctimonious!! One does not have to verbalise one's intents in order to be biased/judgemental. The fact that you have mentally labelled an individual the way you have and deemed them unfit to be in your company without knowing anything about the individual save for what you see on the outside is tremendously sanctimonious and tremendously judgemental. So by definition...you are an extemely judgemental person.

By the way....being judgemental can be and is mostly separate from "law". Not sure why you drag "law" into everything.

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just answering your question because I saw it the other day....

Except for the fact that you accused me of "attacking" an individual with my post. Which I did not do. My post was generalised to include all those on these threads that were pointedly attacking me and others that did not share their point of view.

We don't buy drink cards but I don't see what the big deal is. I am surprised these non alcoholic beverages are not included with the cost of a cruise. I would prefer my kids drink healthy beverages so I would definetely not buy a soda card.

My adult DD always brings soda and water onboard for her cabin. I've never cruised Celebrity before but will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in October. We sometimes bring 7UP or Gingerale onboard just to settle an upset tummy. We are Captains Elite this year so I guess we will get plenty of beverages--alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

Absolutely unbelievably sanctimonious!! One does not have to verbalise one's intents in order to be biased/judgemental. The fact that you have mentally labelled an individual the way you have and deemed them unfit to be in your company there is a dress code and tatoo's and facial piercing violate that dress codewithout knowing anything about the individual save for what you see on the outside is tremendously sanctimonious and tremendously judgemental. So by definition...you are an extemely judgemental person.

By the way....being judgemental can be and is mostly separate from "law". Not sure why you drag "law" into everything.

Maxi I think you need to take a refresher course in English:

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous (saŋk′tə mōnē əs)adjective

pretending to be very holy or pious; affecting sanctity or righteousness

You don't know me but you label me a "extemely judgemental person" for explaining things that you don't understand.

I live in the real world. I would love for everyone to get along but unfortunately there are many people who don't obey the rules of society. Everyone has transgressions and makes mistakes but there are certain people who just don't care how their actions affect other people. People who shoplift don't care that stores have to raise prices for those of us who don't shoplift. Others falsify insurance claims or fake injuries without regard to those of us who play by the rules and see our premiums continue to rise when we've never made any claims. Still others go on a cruise and purchase a single alcohol package with every intention of getting drinks for themselves and their spouse without thinking about how it affects other cruisers or the cruise line.

To those specific people that I have mentioned in the prior paragraph, the lyers, cheats and frauds, yes I am judgemental. I disapprove of inappropriate/illegal behavior.

That doesn't make me santimonious in the least. If that makes me judgemental in your eyes - well then I guess I'm judgemental.

Edited by Mr. Luckytoo

Except for the fact that you accused me of "attacking" an individual with my post. Which I did not do. My post was generalised to include all those on these threads that were pointedly attacking me and others that did not share their point of view.

I accused you of nothing, I simply told you why the post was pulled...I even put a disclaimer to avoid such a comment.....I would think you would appreciate someone clearing it up....

Edited by dkjretired

I accused you of nothing, I simply told you why the post was pulled...I even put a disclaimer to avoid such a comment.....I would think you would appreciate someone clearing it up....

My apologies if I misunderstood your post

Maxi I think you need to take a refresher course in English:

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous (saŋk′tə mōnē əs)adjective

pretending to be very holy or pious; affecting sanctity or righteousness

You don't know me but you label me a "extemely judgemental person" for explaining things that you don't understand.

I live in the real world. I would love for everyone to get along but unfortunately there are many people who don't obey the rules of society. Everyone has transgressions and makes mistakes but there are certain people who just don't care how their actions affect other people. People who shoplift don't care that stores have to raise prices for those of us who don't shoplift. Others falsify insurance claims or fake injuries without regard to those of us who play by the rules and see our premiums continue to rise when we've never made any claims. Still others go on a cruise and purchase a single alcohol package with every intention of getting drinks for themselves and their spouse without thinking about how it affects other cruisers or the cruise line.

To those specific people that I have mentioned in the prior paragraph, the lyers, cheats and frauds, yes I am judgemental. I disapprove of inappropriate/illegal behavior.

That doesn't make me santimonious in the least. If that makes me judgemental in your eyes - well then I guess I'm judgemental.

Lucky...you are the master of spin and doublespeak. No where in your post did you mention a dress code. You stated you (personally) would not hire them because they disrespected their body in your opinion regardless of perhaps that individual being besy qualified for the job...etc etc.

Secondly.......I do not need a lesson in anything from you. The definition of sanctimonious = pious, self righteous, holier than thou, smug. Seems about right.

I am done here. This thread has lost all direction and purpose....and yes, if my wife is thirsty on our cruise I will give her a drink of my beverage because that is the right thing to do!

What? You are coming in late and saying what?

I am suggesting the whole idea of theft is off the mark and that its actually fraud.

When I think of fraud I think about someone like Bernie Madoff, not a husband buying his wife one drink every 3 or 4 days on his drink card. But I guess to some there is no difference. Stealing is stealing and fraud is fraud, right? :rolleyes:

My question for you is do you consider yourself a lawbreaker?

After all, you admitted on the other post that you will break the speeding laws on your way to work. Is seems you think it's ok for you to pick and choose what laws to abide by.

My question for you is do you consider yourself a lawbreaker?

After all, you admitted on the other post that you will break the speeding laws on your way to work. Is seems you think it's ok for you to pick and choose what laws to abide by.

Yes I do. I've broken the speed limit. In fact I'm the worst kind of lawbreaker - I tear off the labels on my mattress and pillows :cool: