Last Christmas on Arcadia - Are you repeating it

swoggy

Having enjoyed the 09/10 Christmas/New Year Caribbean cruise with its rousing countdown on deck as both Arcadia and Ventura sailed side by side blasting their horns as they headed to Barbados and the enjoyable 'Sail Aways' when each ships DJ is out doing the others followed by 'Who's got the loudest Horn', I was disappointed to see there was no Christmas/New Year cruise direct from Southampton this year.:(

Is there others out there who are sad we have no ship leaving from the UK and are instead flying out to Barbados to take the Ventura around the Caribbean :). I detest whats involved going through an airport and the long flight but the Ventura and New Year in New Orleans are new ones for me..... who else from last year are trying this out??

Having enjoyed the 09/10 Christmas/New Year Caribbean cruise with its rousing countdown on deck as both Arcadia and Ventura sailed side by side blasting their horns as they headed to Barbados and the enjoyable 'Sail Aways' when each ships DJ is out doing the others followed by 'Who's got the loudest Horn', I was disappointed to see there was no Christmas/New Year cruise direct from Southampton this year.:(

Is there others out there who are sad we have no ship leaving from the UK and are instead flying out to Barbados to take the Ventura around the Caribbean :). I detest whats involved going through an airport and the long flight but the Ventura and New Year in New Orleans are new ones for me..... who else from last year are trying this out??

I hope there is - I'm booked on it:D - Aurora Southampton to Southampton via the Caribbean over 23 days - including Barbados on the 31st Dec 2010

Only booked a few months ago as well - though given the way P&O were pushing it, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't sold out now.

Unless, of course, you mean on a particular ship :) or I've simply misunderstood your post (which wouldn't be the first time ;))

... I was disappointed to see there was no Christmas/New Year cruise direct from Southampton this year.:(

Is there others out there who are sad we have no ship leaving from the UK ...

May not be a P&O ship, but we're looking forward to a Fred Olsen Christmas/New Year cruise, on Boudicca, from Southampton this year.

Jammy B

""Unless, of course, you mean on a particular ship :) or I've simply misunderstood your post (which wouldn't be the first time ;))""

and the subject heading is ......................................... ?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope there is - I'm booked on it:D - Aurora Southampton to Southampton via the Caribbean over 23 days - including Barbados on the 31st Dec 2010

Only booked a few months ago as well - though given the way P&O were pushing it, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't sold out now.

Unless, of course, you mean on a particular ship :) or I've simply misunderstood your post (which wouldn't be the first time ;))

No you didn't misunderstand, I completely overlooked that sailing :o but will use the excuse that it's exactly the same itinerary as last year bar one stop, so wouldn't have been for me ;), despite cutting out all the flying hassles.

The people who went round the capital to do some shopping last New Year in Barbados came back disappointed everything was closed. I'm glad I picked a day on the beach. ;) Enjoy yourself.

So there are two Christmas cruises leaving from Southampton..........maybe the OP might want to edit the title of their post.

Yeah Kev, I could do with deleting the whole thread :o. Trying to. Once I saw the 1st reply I realised it was no longer relevant.

I learnt never to do a posting when you've been up all the night on the net :rolleyes:

Archived