1243 Celebrity Solstice

marilyn1

There are a lot of questions like this and I would have to say it depends on you. It's a regular sized cabin with a large balcony. The balcony would be helpful. Are you all adults? Men or women? How do the three of you feel about sharing a bathroom? As far as storage, it depends how much "stuff" you bring. It can definitely be done, but the S-Class ships are not known for their storage.

We had this cabin recently on Eclipse, myself DH and our 16 year old son. Its exactly the same as every other balcony on the ship, but with a much bigger balcony. We normally all share a cabin but this one seemed smaller than every other balcony cabin we've ever had. It must be the layout because 190 sq ft is not much different than other ships.

Storage was tight but we managed by leaving some things in the suitcase under the bed and pulling it out like an extra drawer. Some of the people that my son made friends with had a family of 4 in these cabins, I have no idea how they all fit.

The real advantage though is that 1243 has a lovely balcony with lots of room for 3(or more)people.

Julie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Algorthmannie, I have commented to you before about how much I loved the pictures you posted. They are some of the best cruise photos I've seen. Now, I have even gone so far as to upgrade from an A1 standard balcony on the hump to your cabin, #1243. It is in the identical hump location as our previous cabin, but we wanted to go up to concierge class. Thanks to your excellent photos, I knew exactly which cabin I wanted before I called to upgrade. Thanks! So excited!

Just looking at the photos algorithmannie posted ( which were excellent !) and noticed that night table with drawers between the bed and the sofa. Never saw that before - in other cabins you just have that little shelf with a smaller shelf under it and not much room for anything . Maybe this cabin is also larger than other cabins as well as a deeper balcony? Anyone else notice this?

Just took another quick look - and also noticed the sofa is not the typical white leather. This is a good cabin choice!!!

I didn't notice the different table, but definitely noticed the sofa. It looks much more comfortable than the white leather ones. More like what I have at home. I also thought there appeared to be more floor space, but maybe a trick of the angle the photo was taken? At any rate, I'm delighted that this cabin was available!

One more question for Algorithmannie: I understand there are no glass doors enclosing the elevator area on Sky deck as there was on our origonal Panorama deck. Did you find elevator noise to be significant? Wonder why they didn't enclose the elevators on this deck?

• 4 months later...

Archived