What is a good beach in Calica

goofytoo

We are really close to booking a cruise on the elation. We will have 3 children 12, 10 and 9.

Could someone please give me some ideas about a good beach to hire a taxi to take us to and approximately what the cost would be. We will need a beach with ameniities available, ie chairs to rent and clean restrooms. Please keep in mind we will be on a limited budget this cruise.

Thank you

We are really close to booking a cruise on the elation. We will have 3 children 12, 10 and 9.

Could someone please give me some ideas about a good beach to hire a taxi to take us to and approximately what the cost would be. We will need a beach with ameniities available, ie chairs to rent and clean restrooms. Please keep in mind we will be on a limited budget this cruise.

Thank you

Grab a cab and go to Playa Del Carmen. They will drop you off at 5th Avenue one block from a gorgeous beach. Pick a spot. If it is too crowded you can take a walk down the beach until the people thin out.

Oh BTW, you will probably get more opinions if you take this to the Calica/PDC board.

Grab a cab and go to Playa Del Carmen. They will drop you off at 5th Avenue one block from a gorgeous beach. Pick a spot. If it is too crowded you can take a walk down the beach until the people thin out.

Oh BTW, you will probably get more opinions if you take this to the Calica/PDC board.

Thanks, I just booked it so now I am doing the single digits dance?

Did you mean the ports of call board? Because I did not see a specific board for Calica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We rented a subcompact car for $50 (insurance included) last year and the year before that rented a jeep for $100 for the day and drove to the ruins in Tulum and then back over to playa de carmen. There were four of us both times so we saved a bundle of cash rather than booking excursions or taking cabs. On our upcoming sailing Feb 2011, we plan on renting a subcompact and heading up to playa de carmen again. The prices there are better than Cozumel and they are more willing to negotiate there.

Archived