Pearl Aft Room

Tutone56

Hi everyone - I just booked a cruise on the Pearl for the 3/6 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. I booked a mid-ship balcony on deck 9. My question is this: Has anyone had a rear facing balcony on the Pearl or one of her sister ships? I'm considering upgrading and was curious as to the benefits of a rear facing room. Also, do you feel the ships movement more from the rear? Thanks.

Hi,

When we took our 2nd repo cruise thru the Panama Canal it was on the Pearl, AD suite very aft of ship. We always try to book aft, because it is quieter, and we love to have the wake of the ship right there. In some cases it can get up close and personal when docking, etc., meaning you'll get to see things that folks on the sides of the ship cannot see.

As far as movement, there is a bit of a vibration. Hardly anything to keep you awake, make you sick, or anything. After a day or so you don't even notice is.

Enjoy your aft balcony!!! My beanie baby Sequoia loved the view going thru the Panama Canal ;)

561623505_Sequoia100_7994.jpg.1f56e2cc8a7b285133bae588a863f35b.jpg

We are booked in an AD Cabin on the Pearl next month. It will be the first time we are at the aft of the ship. I'm really looking forward to it. When we went to Alaska, my In-Laws were at the back of the ship and they loved it.

We are booked in an AD Cabin on the Pearl next month. It will be the first time we are at the aft of the ship. I'm really looking forward to it. When we went to Alaska, my In-Laws were at the back of the ship and they loved it.

Our first suite was an AD on the Pearl from Seattle to Miami a couple of years ago. Wonderful experience. You'll love it.

You'll really enjoy the aft balcony! I sailed on the Pearl 4/5/09 in 9174 (aft balcony). It was amazing! I loved sitting on the balcony and listen to the wake. We had excellent views of everything on either side of the ship.

As for movement, you feel less towards the back. We had a really rough trip. It was disgustingly stormy for a few days, but we didn't feel the motion of the ship. I noticed a considerable difference in the motion on the nastiest night from when we were in the theater at the front (the ship was really rocking) and to when we returned to out cabin in the back.

I would definitely get an aft balcony again!

We got the BA aft balcony on our May Alaska cruise on the Pearl. LOVED IT!! You can see both sides of the ship, where you never miss a thing! It is very quiet back there and the view is AWESOME! Didn't feel any more movement in the back then we did elsewhere on the ship.

The only downfall is that on a Caribbean cruise it could get hot back there. It was perfect for our Alaska cruise because it blocked the wind. But when we went on a cruise in the Caribbean (on Carnival) last Oct, we had an aft wrap....it got really HOT back there, but because we had the wrap, the side had a nice breeze. But of course it all depends on where the sun is while you are sailing and how covered your balcony is.

Our first suite was an AD on the Pearl from Seattle to Miami a couple of years ago. Wonderful experience. You'll love it.

You'll really enjoy the aft balcony! I sailed on the Pearl 4/5/09 in 9174 (aft balcony). It was amazing! I loved sitting on the balcony and listen to the wake. We had excellent views of everything on either side of the ship.

As for movement, you feel less towards the back. We had a really rough trip. It was disgustingly stormy for a few days, but we didn't feel the motion of the ship. I noticed a considerable difference in the motion on the nastiest night from when we were in the theater at the front (the ship was really rocking) and to when we returned to out cabin in the back.

I would definitely get an aft balcony again!

I'm even more excited now! And we are in the same spot on both of the cruises we have booked (The Pearl and the Jade). So I'm really hoping we love it. If not, we'll have time to make some changes for the trip on the Jade. But I suspect we'll love it!! :D

We were in a BA cabin, facing aft on the Pearl to Alaska and it was amazing. We were on dack 10 and I believe that the balcony was larger than deck 9. We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small table on the balcony. It was a perfect spot for us to be every day.

I have liked the stern facing rooms that we have booked in the past as the view is really nice. I don't think they are in the least bit "quiet". I've always thought they are much louder than a standard side facing room. In fact I would call the noise a "roar". Perhaps an Alaskan cruise where the ship is traveling slower makes the difference in noise. We've have rooms on decks 10 and 9 once on a Mexican Rivera cruise and once on in the Caribbean were the ship was traveling at least 20 knots most of the trip. As always, YMMV....

Jingle

Archived