flight upgrade

dudley dennis

We have booked flight upgrade with our travel agent we are flying with tomas cook in feb 2011 to barbados.

Do have to book your seats together or do they automatic put you sitting together in the past we have allways been allocated seats next to each other.

i hope somone can help me:eek:

hiya,

you would hope that you would be sat together, but it is not guaranteed.

on our last 2 cruises, we upgraded, first time no probs with thomas cook, we went with friends, and we were sat together, ... 2 in front, and our 2 friends sat behind us, but on our last flight, there were 4 of us, and 3 of us sat together, in middle row, and 1 in another row.

we were not happy about it, but at the airport, they said that p&O had allocated the seats, so nothing they could do. Had we not been in premuim seats, they could have changed us to sit together :eek:

so guess what, our next cruise we have not upgraded.!!! i would prefer to upgrade if guaranteed to sit together, but they just wont guarantee it, even if you book on the first day that bookings open.

i think the trouble is, there are only approx 31 (ish) seats, that are in an 2-3-2 configuration, so if there are mainly couples, some people are bound to be split and put in the empty 3 seats in the middle.....not that you are told this until it is too late.

if i were you, i would ask your TA to check it out for you, and also P&O. we did not have a clue on our seat no.s until at airport, but i think now you may be able to find out weeks before, but hopefully someone else on here will be able to clarify this for us.

Good luck anyway, your gonna love the cruise in Barbados, we are booked again for Nov 2011.

Travelled on Thomas Cook twice last season on the P & O charters to the Caribbean, first in economy, second time in premium which we had booked on the day the bookings opened and no we were not seated together, but behind each other ! At least in economy the seating on the Airbus A330 used by Thomas Cook is 3-3-3 so we were able to sit either side of the aisle which I actually prefer with that configuration. As far as I can gather from P & O who were fairly non committal, Premium seating with Thomson is arranged by the airline and is done on date of booking. With Thomas Cook it seems to be pot luck. There was little difference between the Thomas Cook premium and economy service, the meal came in a cardboard box in both cabins and the contents were the same expect the premium box was a different colour and marked "Premium". Very little difference in the leg room although the Premium seat was wider. Champagne was luke warm and served in a plastic tumbler.

I have cancelled my premium seats for next February, it is not worth the extra £199.

We travelled economy with Thomas Cook last year to Barbados and are again next Feb. We walked through Premium to get off and there seemed little difference to me. Certainly not £199 each worth! You get fed first and have an extra film channel! Thomas Cook planes have a decent amount of room anyway. Is your cruise Feb 28th?

Marmaduke,

just to say that when we went with thomsons, at the airport, they told us that P&O allocate the seating for the aircraft :confused:...who knows, think they all pass the buck for a quiet life :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Dennis,

you can go on your cruise personaliser 12 weeks before your cruise and pre book your seats, the rumour around the forums is that it may cost £25 per person but that has not been clarified yet, I read somewhere that this comes into effect on 9rh September,

Regards.

Lynn

Archived