Heathrow Airport Strike for crusiers

Aussie One

Hi! Grumphy' date=' Did you see the article in "West Australian" newspaper this morning, Page 59 regarding airport strikes. Hope it can be averted particularly with so many airports likely to be involved..

Cheers Liz and Ed[/quote']

Liz Yes read the article its 27th to 30th are you joining the Eclipse 4th September?? We fly out 27th September to UK with fingers crossed.

Hi! - Not familiar with the Eclipse cruise - Will research. We fly from Perth on 19th Sept and have 3 nights in Southampton before joining the Oriana on 23rd. Look forward to seeing you on board. Our cabin is F190. We have only been on small cruise ships before so looking forward to the experience.

Liz

Hi Guys is the rumours about heathrow closing over strike action berween 28 August and 30 August any information for us overseas cruise passengers would help Thank you

See this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10954851

The two sides are getting together early next week. The consensus of opinion is that an agreement will be reached somehow as neither can afford the cost of a strike, but who knows.

Check into BBC website to keep up to date

Brian

The very best answer is to keep in constant contact with the Travel Agent you booked your cruise through :D:D:D

Mike

I agree, but until the possible dates are announced the travel agents are not going to be in a position to advise.

I speak as somebody who is booked to fly out of Heathrow on the 9th September to New York.

Its going to be a long weekend until we hear the plans, but I think its fair to state the Bank Holiday weekend will be the 1st target date to strike.

I'm hoping its sabre rattling, not just from a personal point of view, but for the country, we've already had a disastrous summer with e BA Strikes and the Volcanic Ash.

Enough is enough.

Carl

I am extremely angry about all of this. You may have noticed I have not posted on these boards for a while. The reason being that my partners has been though 9 months of hell because the CPS were trying to prosecute her for a driving incident that should never have gone to court. The knock on effect of this was we could not book our cruise as it departs from Florida and you cannot enter the US if you have a pending criminal conviction (even if it is a driving offence). Needless to say she was found not guilty on Thursday so we booked our cruise.

We now need to book flights, the cruise departs on the 4th of Sept. Then these strikes come up!!!! I am not going to even give my opinion on it as it would start pages of discussion. I am now waiting it out to find out what happens, as I wait the price of the flights are going up and up. Its just ridiculous.

think we will all just have to keep our fingers crossed. i am due to fly out from heathrow on the 3rd september to go to quito for the galapagos islands. it is putting a real damper on things because i wont let myself get excited just in case, we will all just have to watch carefully and hope for the best!:(

You can only fly direct to Miami and back from Vegas from Heathrow so there was no other option unless we stopped on the way which if a problem for us.

I booked the flights anyway and it looks like it was the right thing to do from the above post.

Its been a nightmare year so far I just cannot wait for this holiday to relax and un-wind a bit. Were big P&O fans so it will be interesting to see how RCI and Oasis of the Seas compares to P&O and Ventura.

Chris

Archived