Music on HAL

DeRon

Never been on HAl...

What kind of music do you find (for dancing)? Is it only ballroom? Is it just soft swaying music?

We've been on other lines and have found it hard to find the right music to dance to...most being too "bump and grind" type stuff.

IMO, there's something for everyone. At least on our first and only cruise thus far with HAL we discovered this to be true. Classical, ballroom tunes, 60s, disco, country and a small sample of "bump & grind."

A passenger should have no problem finding something to his taste, unless of course he hates music.

Never been on HAl...

What kind of music do you find (for dancing)? Is it only ballroom? Is it just soft swaying music?

We've been on other lines and have found it hard to find the right music to dance to...most being too "bump and grind" type stuff.

We are hoping for some soft live dancing music ourselves!

Crossing our fingers for some romantic dancing music, like a string trio or etc... We love royal but on our last trips too much "bump and grind", living in southern ca, we can just go to clubs for that. That is actually one reason why we are trying HAL (that, the wine and half moon cay) so that maybe we will find a classy lounge to be romantic in.

We found a wonderful trio (piano, stand up bass, drums) for dancing in the Ocean Bar on Zuiderdam. Not many dancers but we had a great time. Enjoy:)

That is exactly what I am hoping for on the Veendam tomorrow. Thanks for some additional glimmer of hope, as Vic the Parrot did already assure me of this.

Jeanne

It was the same on the Ryndam in July (Trio playing in the Ocean Bar every evening - few dancers). There is also a night club like atmosphere in the Crow's Nest with the band playing "oldies", i.e. as a 50-ish year old cruiser, I could name almost every song. There was a string quartet every night in the Explorers Lounge (not for dancing, but very well attended). In the Mix there was a piano player in the piano bar (probably the most popular venue on our cruise).

Archived