Wine packages

LounVal

We are thinking of buying a wine package. Can anyone share aome thoughts on what I may want to keep in mind. It seems pretty cut and dry but sometimes when you do something for the first time you end up saying "gee I wish I knew that before I would have done it different". :D

Go on Royal Caribbean's website and look at the 3 different levels of packages you can order. We always do a wine package and have it available at dinner each night. You can mix these up each night, as long as the wine is in the package you chose. We like it because it's convenient at dinner to have it already taken care of, plus if we order it before we book, that expense is out of the way and not the first thing charged on our seapass. Have a great cruise.

You can buy an additional package during the cruise if you "run out" - i.e. don't need to buy by the bottle. You can take home unused wine. We always take a bottle after dinner back to our room for the next afternoon for a pre-dinner glass on the balcony while getting ready for dinner. Your waiter will give you glasses. Room service will bring you a cork (no need to have the waiter open it the night before if you don't want it opened). We usually buy a 10 bottle package and often need to supplement with a 5 bottle package. We will usually buy one gold (cheapest) package and one platinum. Make sure when ordering the cheaper wines you use your gold package - i.e. there's a Chardonnay we like on the gold so whenever we want a chardonnay (for the pre-dinner balcony drink) we use that card. Save the platinum sticker for the more expensive wines.

You also get a discount for buying the package instead of by the bottle. I always buy more than I need for dinner and take bottles back to the cabin to have on the balcony at later or before dinner. The waiter will uncork for you and give you glasses or have the cabin stewart do it.

It is not the best wine, probably $10-$15, if you bouhgt at home and they will charge ~ $25-$35/bottle depending on the package. They have better and more expensive wine at Vintage by the bottle.

Archived