Need dirt CHEAP hotel near Mobile AL

brown_eyed_poet

My husband and I will be driving in VERY late the night before our cruise. We basically need a clean bed to sleep in for about 8 hours. Not worried about parking packages. As long as it is within an hours drive of Mobile. Looking for something cheap but safe and clean. We are not picky at all. Any ideas?

My husband and I will be driving in VERY late the night before our cruise. We basically need a clean bed to sleep in for about 8 hours. Not worried about parking packages. As long as it is within an hours drive of Mobile. Looking for something cheap but safe and clean. We are not picky at all. Any ideas?

Which direction are you driving in from? If coming in from the west I would try the Tillman's Corner/Theodore area. If from the East I would try Loxley, Malbis or Spanish Fort. If Southbound on I-65 you can try the Saraland area.

We are staying at the Microtel in Saraland (about 8 miles from port) for $99 with breakfast, parking and roundtrip shuttle included. Without the parking and shuttle it is $69.

We are staying here also, but we have to pay $59.99 for the hotel plus $60 for parking/shuttle. I booked directly thru the hotel.

We are staying here also, but we have to pay $59.99 for the hotel plus $60 for parking/shuttle. I booked directly thru the hotel.

Yes. I checked with them also. I thought $60 was a bit high for parking and shuttle. If we stay here I think we will just drive down to the public parking a couple of blocks down from the pier and pay $7/day for parking and take the free shuttle or just walk.

We arent sure whether we will drive the whole way through or just stop halfway. We would like to drive the whole way but not sure what time we can get away from work on Friday....so we don't want to book ahead of time in case we don't make it the whole way down in time...So that means we can't book online. We will have to just show up and hope there are some vacancies. I'm really a planner...so I'm trying to at least get some ideas of some inexpensive hotels in the area.

Keep the ideas coming!

Check these out. You would be interested in those on I-65 Service Road, also called the Beltline, Springhill Plaza Court, Springdale Blvd. Don't go all the way to Tillman's Corner. Saraland adresses are also good. Sphttp://reservations.hotelguides.com/nexres/search/search_results.cgi?interstitial=done&avail=Y&bed_type=NP&src=10013435&city=Mobile&state=AL&country=US&smoking_pref=NP&tab=tab0&chk_in=09%2F08%2F2010&doa_mm=09&doa_dd=08&doa_yy=2010&num_adults=1&num_children=0&chk_out=09%2F09%2F2010&dod_mm=09&dod_dd=09&dod_yy=2010&num_rooms=1&Go=Search&minorAge1=-%3F-&minorAge2=-%3F-&minorAge3=-%3F-&minorAge4=-%3F-

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry. I just tried the link and it didn't work. Try this:

http://hotelguides.com/alabama/mobile-al-hotels.html

Thank you for the link. It has been helpful. Is there a good place to eat by Tillman Corner? We'll be staying there for a night after returning from on cruise out NO. (B2B with a couple day between them). Then staying the night a Hampton Downtown. Looking awesome food there too.

Sorry. We rarely go as far south as Tillman's Corner. I can tell you good places to eat in Saraland or Mobile. If you're coming from Indiana, you are going out of your way going all the way south to Tillman's Corner, although it is a relatively safe area.

If you have a car and are staying downtown at the Hampton, I'd suggest going through the tunnel to the Causeway. There are several good seafood restaurants there, Ed's, Felix's, and Original Oyster House to name a few. Original Oyster House is a personal favorite. Just ask at the hotel for directions to the Causeway.

Sorry. We rarely go as far south as Tillman's Corner. I can tell you good places to eat in Saraland or Mobile. If you're coming from Indiana, you are going out of your way going all the way south to Tillman's Corner, although it is a relatively safe area.

If you have a car and are staying downtown at the Hampton, I'd suggest going through the tunnel to the Causeway. There are several good seafood restaurants there, Ed's, Felix's, and Original Oyster House to name a few. Original Oyster House is a personal favorite. Just ask at the hotel for directions to the Causeway.

Thanks but we'll be traveling down 10 from NO cruise before our cruise in Mobile. It was a last minute decision to add it to our plans.

We are staying at the Microtel in Saraland (about 8 miles from port) for $99 with breakfast, parking and roundtrip shuttle included. Without the parking and shuttle it is $69.

Thanks, excellent suggestion and price. Iv been looking for something under $100 that includes parking.

Does anyone know if there are hotels within walking distance to the cruise terminal? Or if this is even a good idea to park and walk to the terminal.

Any of the downtown hotels are within walking distance. Admiral Semmes has a shuttle van, not sure what the cost is.

Archived