malaria tablets and world cruising

adh123

Any advice about when and if we should take malaria tablets on our world cruise? recommended for the Asia leg of the trip but really not looking forward to taking em and not entirely sure when we should start taking em?

Any advice about when and if we should take malaria tablets on our world cruise? recommended for the Asia leg of the trip but really not looking forward to taking em and not entirely sure when we should start taking em?

Tablets are exspensive, and allergic spray your cabin at night with a good mossy repellant if going out of a night time long sleeves and no shorts

i have lived in the tropics for years. with out a problem enjoy your cruise and stop worrying see you onboard.

We are going on a World cruise shortly - including ports in Asia. I have read the Australian Govt's advices regarding many things - health , safety, etc - and considered just where we are actually going and for how long ( ie a max of about 10 hours in each port)

I have come to the conclusion that I am more concerned about getting injured/killed in a car crash on our way to/from the cruiseship at home and falling over and breaking something on an icy patch somewhere in the UK over Christmas - or maybe eating a bad pork pie?? :p

I don't mean to sound frivolous - but there is no way that all risk can be eliminated from anything. We have a good travel insurance policy - and intend to leave it at that. We will probably have a flu injection boost - we normally don't have one but did get one this year when we were supposed to be coming to the UK over spring (aborted by the volcano)

In the meantime - worry about these things - the possibility of a middle eastern war (Suez canal), terrorist attack in the Sinai (Sharm El-Sheikh), civil strife in Bangkok, drug killings in Acapulco, Dehli-belly in Mumbai, - have I missed anything?? :)

Barry

As most Mossies feed dawn/dusk it depends if you have any overnight stops.

I took some when we stopped in Colombia but never actually started them. On the coach tour there was one very tired mossi on my window, getting blasted by air con. I used the high concentrate deet spray on my skin/clothes, moved my cap near it and it moved fast down the coach!! So repellent does work!

Archived