First cruise -Valor Cabin advice

valuv2travel

Hi - first time ever on a cruise. I'll be traveling with my husband and 18 month old. We've decided on the Valor and now I need to decide on a cabin. We're leaning toward a balcony on the Empress deck so we can at least sit elsewhere while baby is napping/goes down in the evening...that way we're not going to bed when baby goes to bed. I thought I saw that the sq. footage in balcony is less than an oceanview. Is that true? Just want to make sure we have enough cabin space to keep the pack and play up throughout the trip. Also, any recos with what type of cabin to choose? Not sure the difference between the 5 or 6 categories within the balcony tier. Would love to hear previous cruisers experience and advice.

TIA!

It is true, the OV on Valor is 220 s.f. and the standard balconys are 185 s.f plus 35 s.f. balcony...

It will be tight in a balcony, but not undoable. You wouldnt have much space to walk around. Someone with two pack n plays said one blocked the balcony door. They would do a OV next time.

Archived