Constellation after Solice Class - will I be disappointed?

City_Woman

We are considering the Constellation next fall but we're worried we will be disappointed after sailing Solstice Class 3 times.

What do you think?

We are not thrilled with leaving on Silhouette in November from New Jersey (brrrr), so we're seriously considering the Constellation 14 day.

Don't want to feel I have made a mistake.

Thoughts?

Judy

We are considering the Constellation next fall but we're worried we will be disappointed after sailing Solstice Class 3 times.

What do you think?

We are not thrilled with leaving on Silhouette in November from New Jersey (brrrr), so we're seriously considering the Constellation 14 day.

Don't want to feel I have made a mistake.

Thoughts?

Judy

Have never cruised on a S class ship yet, (sailing on the Equinox in January)

But loved our cruise on the Constellation earlier this year and will be sailing on her again in Oct. She has just Had a refit. Book and enjoy.

Dave

If you do the C-1s on the Constellation you will be pleased. Since, you have sailed the S class you are aware of that scenario. As far as we are concerned, C-l on Constellation is very good; and AQ on the Equinox is better. I refer to the Equinox since it is a ten night cruise as opposed to a fourteen night cruise on the Constellation. We had the Constellation booked in 6144 for a fourteen night er this December, but when the resident rate deals for the Equinox Christmas in AQ cruise appeared we switched. We are experienced cruisers on Celebrity; and, as far as we are concerned AQ on the Equinox cannot be beat, unless one goes to luxury. As a matter of fact, we now have three booked in that category through 2011 (all with the large balconies); and, we will probably book an early 2012 cruise when we are on our Christmas cruise.

My 2 cents…

Cruise ships are like hotels. Hotels have large Mega-Resorts and small intimate Bed and Breakfasts. We like them BECAUSE of the differences.

We are almost in or fifties. We prefer the 80,000/90,000 ton ships, from Celebrity and HAL, over the Mega-ships. However, my parents are nearing their seventies, and they LOVE the large ships.

We sail on the large ships with them, and they on the medium ships with us.

They’re ALL good.

We went on Carnival Legend out of Tampa last year and to our surprise, it was an excellent cruise.

Now, we have wealthy friends who will stay in nothing less than Four Seasons. I think it boils down to what you’re willing to define as acceptable. If you’re willing to see the beauty of each ship, you won’t be disappointed.

I find the medium ships to be classier than the Mega-ships. The Mega-ships remind me of Christmas at the mall…TOO crowded and busy.

Archived