New picture of Queen Elizabeth

dmwnc1959

Oh my, is that our very own Savoia? :)

Yes it is! He even knows better than the local newspaper which he seems to think is run by Princess in LA! But he's seen a photo in Facebook - so that's it, further discussion is pointless!

Meanwhile, good to learn that the naming ceremony:

will be broadcast live on a big screen in Guildhall Square on Monday from 3.25pm.

and

To celebrate the naming, Southampton City Council is hosting a series of free events.

Guildhall Square will be the scene of an Elizabethan Experience on Saturday and Sunday from 11am with demonstrations of music, dancing and sword fighting by costumed characters.

Tribute band The Kings of Queen will perform Queen's greatest hits on Sunday from 7.30pm, after creative sessions for children at the Maritime Museum from 11.30am-3.30pm.

But surely, she's 'just another Vista'? :rolleyes:

Oh my, is that our very own Savoia? :)

One in the same. Savoia masquerades as 'Kevin' on several other boards where he cuts-and-pastes his anti-Carnival anti-Cunard rhetoric from board to board embarrassing himself with all the knowledge he can muster from someone elses pictures and a scattered, somewhat inaccurate historical perception of Cunard. It's almost sad how this has gone on for so long. :eek: :( :rolleyes: :cool: :D

One in the same. Savoia masquerades as 'Kevin' on several other boards where he cuts-and-pastes his anti-Carnival anti-Cunard rhetoric from board to board embarrassing himself with all the knowledge he can muster from someone elses pictures and a scattered, somewhat inaccurate historical perception of Cunard. It's almost sad how this has gone on for so long. :eek: :( :rolleyes: :cool: :D

One thing though, he is true to himself.:D

One thing though, he is true to himself.:D

If that's what you want to call it. But for someone to be so blatantly negatively opinionated on a product they have not sailed in ANY of their most recent ships or ANY of the variations thereof, haven't been on, seen in person, or toured, haven't expereinced 'first-hand', and only makes bitter negative judgements from all that which is based on pictures shown on a computer screen, that isn't being very 'true' at all, is it? To me it's just screaming at the wind and shaking your fist at the sky about something they really don't know anything about other than photos and descriptions on 'the internets'. And if that person hasn't been on, booked, or experienced the Cunard product at all, has no intention of doing so, and does nothing but repeat the same negative comments on numerous boards with absolutley no credibility, then how can you take someone like that serious? I might as well be having a discussion with my dining room table for all that matters.

I've never stayed in a cabin I loved as much as our PG on QE2 with unrefurbished bathroom - it was a little well-used and worn around the edges

For the amount of floor space you got those cabins were incredibly spacious :)

I don't see why the UK should be giving free publicity to the launch. Owned by Cunard, a Carnival company. Built and fitted in Italy, the only tenuous link with UK is that it has a "wooden carving" done by Viscount Lindley. A bit like Costa cruises building a ship in Italy, calling it Obama and getting Obama to launch it in New York with all the razzamataz.:confused:

I don't see why the UK should be giving free publicity to the launch. Owned by Cunard, a Carnival company.

Carnival is an Anglo-American company (listed in both NY and London), Queen Elizabeth is both registered and home-ported in Southampton, creating jobs there, and most of her passengers will be British. And the problem is?

There is no problem to me I am only cruising on it I was just stating facts after reading some of the links when locals said they felt "proud"...of what exactly! So there will be jobs...yeah some part-time ones. About as British as a Japanese car:D

There is no problem to me I am only cruising on it I was just stating facts after reading some of the links when locals said they felt "proud"...of what exactly! So there will be jobs...yeah some part-time ones. About as British as a Japanese car:D

I'm off to do some quick research on all those Spanish shipping lines that have changed the world, the many Ocean Liners in Spanish history that people remember sailing on, the proud history of great Spanish passenger ships that sailed the north Atlantic ocean to New York and around the globe alongside the Kaiser Wilhelm Der Grosse, the Lusitania, the Mauretania, the Bremen, the Europa, the Rex, the Normandie, the Queen Mary, the United States, the France, the Queen Elizabeth 2 and the Queen Mary 2.

Back shortly.

I am only cruising on it

Precisely :rolleyes: That is what she was built for and what she'll be good at!

Of new jobs based in Southampton for the next 30 years?

Do you honestly think she'll last that long? :confused:

Archived