New picture of Queen Elizabeth

dmwnc1959

Sadly it looks lile the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam with a red stack with a well worn "British" theme from Los Angeles California.

She may not have the beauty of her namesakes, but does it really matter if the service and experience on board is concerned?

I had a wonderful time on Queen Victoria, and she's a good ship. Lovely interior, and wonderful crew. Isn't that good enough for you?

What don't you like about being on board Queen Victoria?

She may not have the beauty of her namesakes, but does it really matter if the service and experience on board is concerned?

I had a wonderful time on Queen Victoria, and she's a good ship. Lovely interior, and wonderful crew. Isn't that good enough for you?

What don't you like about being on board Queen Victoria?

The Cunard theme is the vision of Princess Cruises...who not only designed QV, QE and the refits on QM2...they manage almost every aspect of tis operations. cunard is not a true statement of itself..but of the Love Boat company.

You mean like this:

Linley_panel_for_Cunard_QE2.jpg

Or this:

photo-18-202x300.jpg

Nah.....they'd never think of that, would they?:rolleyes:

And how long did it take Princess to come up with this idea? About as long as having UK themed shops on Cunard themed ships...and we're supposed to congratulate Princess for all this?

Better late than never I suppose...

The Cunard theme is the vision of Princess Cruises...who not only designed QV, QE and the refits on QM2...they manage almost every aspect of tis operations. cunard is not a true statement of itself..but of the Love Boat company.

How does that detract from the actual experience on Queen Victoria?

Nieuw Amsterdam/Eurodam clone...sigh

Another Ramada on a raft...

I'm still confused as to why you think this matters so much. Ships are built to make money - and for no other reason. Are you suggesting that Queen Elizabeth will fail at that? Or that Queen Victoria does?

Okay, so she isn't as pretty as the older ships. No-one will pretend that she is.

But if people have a good time on board, what does it really matter?

I'm still confused as to why you think this matters so much. Ships are built to make money - and for no other reason. Are you suggesting that Queen Elizabeth will fail at that? Or that Queen Victoria does?

Okay, so she isn't as pretty as the older ships. No-one will pretend that she is.

But if people have a good time on board, what does it really matter?

When you have the resources to raise the bar and do better and consciously decide not to is nothing more than the lazy way to end.

Why bother to do any better when recycling what you've done before?

And alas..we have the Carnival Cruise Lines owned, P&O/Princess designed/managed..Queen Elizabeth.

When you have the resources to raise the bar and do better and consciously decide not to is nothing more than the lazy way to end.

Why bother to do any better when recycling what you've done before?

And alas..we have the Carnival Cruise Lines owned, P&O/Princess designed/managed..Queen Elizabeth.

Yes. You've said all this.

But, if the new ship will please the punters, and make money, isn't that a successful ship?

And you still haven't said what you disliked when you were aboard Victoria.

So - regarding the new Queen Elizabeth .. Will it or won't it fly the Union Jack???

Yes (technically the Red Ensign, or the Blue Ensign if a member of the RN Reserve is in command). Otherwise they will have to unweld the SOUTHAMPTON on her stern and stick something else there....

Yes. You've said all this.

But, if the new ship will please the punters, and make money, isn't that a successful ship?

And you still haven't said what you disliked when you were aboard Victoria.

Ready? never will step foot on icky Vicky. And yes, I know, how do I know I don't like it? A ship designed by its competition, managed and directed by someone else is not a true statement of itself..a simple cheap means to an end.

Financially successful perhaps...a quick and lazy statement..not the best Carnival could do is what I see...one that needs to be shaken from the bottom up.

Or, at the very least, the Princess lead PR department for the Cunard theme should be able to tell the difference between the Queen Mary, and a Titanic'd Queen Mary...something they can't.

Some people have never got over the basket case that was Cunard Miami being shut down....boo hoo.....meanwhile, here's another shot of QE:

QE_seatrials.jpg

This is Queen Victoria! Oh no..wait..sorry..all these Vistas look alike and I see Carnival finally had the bow painted properly (unlike the sloppy job of her launch) and this Vista does indeed say Queen Elizabeth.

GO PRINCESS!!

Some people have never got over the basket case that was Cunard Miami being shut down....boo hoo.....meanwhile, here's another shot of QE:

QE_seatrials.jpg

That forward canopy area on the top deck makes her look like she is wearing a crown! How appropriate. I understand that it covers the bowling green? It does make her look a little different from QV.

Yes - this:

Queen-Elizabeth-Games-Deck-600x400.jpg

Not being an avid ship-o-phile and hence not keeping up with the latest about the new boat I don't know if this is for real or just Guernseyguy having a laugh. But if it is real then I wonder that Cunard are not embarrassed to death by the picture it paints. I'm embarrassed for them just looking at it.

Gari

Have they got their bowls wrong?

will it be real grass????? :eek:

can only old codgers have access????? :eek:

what will be the dress code????? :eek:

is it a Princess design and where did the light fittings come from???? :eek:

Ken ;)

Archived