dmwnc1959

will it be real grass????? :eek:
No....

can only old codgers have access????? :eek:
Yes...

what will be the dress code????? :eek:
See illustration...

is it a Princess design and where did the light fittings come from???? :eek:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:rolleyes:

Artificial.

If it had been real the Cunardivaltards would have accused them of copying Celebrity.....:rolleyes:

I missed the last page there & did not realise that this question had just been asked! :o

Astroturf would be a lot easier to look after, I would think. I wonder how Celebrity are doing with their real grass.

Artificial.

If it had been real the Cunardivaltards would have accused them of copying Celebrity.....:rolleyes:

In all fairness..if a competing line can show it can be done then Cunard should be, at the very least, on par and not what one might consider a step down. This would certainly apply if the situation were reversed as well.

To its benefit the views that high up in a covered area show promise..though the area would be abit more special had real grass been put into the construction budget..will the boxwoods be real or plastic as well?

Extremely disappointing design we have already seen before with Holland America, just a different stack color. Here is hoping Queen Elizabeth's decor and staff, all provided by Princess Cruises, have something original.

By the way - Captain Chris Wells took us to Tasmania this year in P&O Pacific Dawn (now that is really slumming it compared to QE - but a beautiful ship in her own right nevertheless) - he is a REAL character. I would like to sail with him again.

Barry

By the way - Captain Chris Wells took us to Tasmania this year in P&O Pacific Dawn (now that is really slumming it compared to QE - but a beautiful ship in her own right nevertheless) - he is a REAL character. I would like to sail with him again. Barry

Delighted to read it! I've sailed with many fine Cunard captains - and quite a few who started in different lines. IIRC Commodore Warner started on the first line I sailed on - British-India - and one of the best Captains I have sailed with started at P&O - the idea that Cunard with a three ship fleet can only 'grow their own' is frankly ridiculous.....

Exactly. The people Cunard care about paying passengers will find the extra deck space created jolly useful. And the Vistatards can fulminate to their heart's content, never getting any closer than their computer screen!

Remind me someone. When did Cunard make ships for aesthetic reasons rather than the lure of that filthy stuff, money?

I can't remember somehow. But clearly, as all this money making is an affront to Cunard's history, there must have been a time when they thought that making money wasn't the reason to build a ship.

Or am I confused?

William

I don't think that you are confused. :p

Times change - there was a time when cars like Jaguar, Mercedes, Rolls Royce, etc had an unmistakable "style" about them. Thirty years ago, you would never say "I think that car is a Jaguar" . These days - I say it to myself all the time. Most modern cars all look much the same to me - whether they be Mercs or Toyotas. I guess that is because advances in aerodynamic design eventually lead all cars to the one point. Much the same applies to ships. Today they are slowly slowly all becoming floating apartment blocks.

Barry

Remind me someone. When did Cunard make ships for aesthetic reasons rather than the lure of that filthy stuff, money?

I can't remember somehow. But clearly, as all this money making is an affront to Cunard's history, there must have been a time when they thought that making money wasn't the reason to build a ship.

Or am I confused?

Not at all...another Vista wouldn't be as offensive if there was anything redeeming about them line to line. Or, in the very least, if Cunard had any say at all in what is done to their allocation. Someone here said Cunard calls the shots and P&O follows..simply not true. P&O came into the picture heavily when it was realized with the advent of QM2 Cunard couldn't handle her on their own. According to a self annoited expert, Cunard then has said "make us like you" as many people on this board have noted "Cunard feels very Princess". Of course they do...Cunard is a product of P&O/Princess!

Astroturf...

Too easy.

The first time I came across Astroturf on a ship was on Silver Whisper. She has an outdoor deck covered with the stuff - a shared jogging and sunbathing area. If the Astroturf is not kept watered it gets very hot on the soles of the feet when you are not wearing shoes. However, when watered, I sometimes found it a bit slippery. So I really do not like it very much.

Louise

Not at all...another Vista wouldn't be as offensive if there was anything redeeming about them line to line. Or, in the very least, if Cunard had any say at all in what is done to their allocation. Someone here said Cunard calls the shots and P&O follows..simply not true. P&O came into the picture heavily when it was realized with the advent of QM2 Cunard couldn't handle her on their own. According to a self annoited expert, Cunard then has said "make us like you" as many people on this board have noted "Cunard feels very Princess". Of course they do...Cunard is a product of P&O/Princess!

Do you ever write a comment without Cunard, Princess and P&O in the same sentence? :rolleyes:

Why do you come onto these boards without anything productive or even positive to say? Just curious....... :rolleyes:

Cunard calls the shots and P&O follows..simply not true.

Remind me, was it Cunard who got the third hand Vista, or P&O?

And who then got one all for themselves?

If they are so interchangeable, why did a bunch of money-grabbing so-and-sos go to the trouble and expense of switching ships part way through construction?

Carnival Plc calls the shots (and no, not Princess, since 2007.....)

another Vista wouldn't be as offensive if there was anything redeeming about them line to line

Have you been on any of them? If so which one(s)?

We know you haven't been on QM2 or Queen Victoria, or Cunard in over a decade.....but I was just curious as to the true depth of your lack of experience.....

Carnival Plc calls the shots (and no, not Princess, since 2007.....)

Food services, reservations, marketing assistance, decorating, staffing, interior design, engineering and ship's officers come from Carnival?

Nope..they all come from P&O/Princess...they call the shots.

Have you been on any of them? If so which one(s)?

We know you haven't been on QM2 or Queen Victoria, or Cunard in over a decade.....but I was just curious as to the true depth of your lack of experience.....

Right..like I am the only one who thinks P&O/Princess could step up the Cunard theme. Of course what can be done is dictated by Carnival..but they have finally seen the advantage in bringing in an outside firm to help design their ships. Something I've advocated could eliminate Cunard looking and feeling much like a Princess ship...which you've dismissed as an ongoing issue within Carnival.

Archived