Good Hotel to stay in in Galveston??

autumn1545

I hate to even post this, as things change quickly sometimes. My wife and I have stayed at the Econolodge probably 10 times. The rooms were clean, but the grounds needed work, and the front desk staff are nice but not necessarily helpful.

Having said that, on our last stay, we had a terrible problem with bedbugs. 9 times, no problems. 1 time, bedbugs. Are the bugs gone, or are they still there? Can't get the wife to stay there again to find out. She's tough. lol

I don't think the Harbor House has availability for only a one night stay the week we're going (Thanksgiving). If the Tremont is only 2 blocks from the terminal, would it be possible to drop off our luggage, return our car to the hotel parking lot & walk back over? I'm trying to avoid having to wait too long for transportation when we return from our cruise. If it's doable, I figured one of us could walk to the car & bring it back to the terminal to pick up our luggage.

Call the hotel direct, the websites were requiring 2 nights but when we called direct for our stay, they said one night is fine. :)

OK Im here. They had me full price, and since I had called and confirmed, I didnt print out the booking to hand him, next time I will. I was booked senior rate, they said my sister's aarp card would do, since we arent 60.

You can see the ocean from our window, which goes a long way toward making this place higher in the list of hotels to me. They have a pigeon or seagull problem, droppings all over the balconys/walk up areas where there are chairs. We have the most popular bird roosting place edidently and birds swopping down at sunset, but the room was fine.

Id give it a over all thumbs up, nothing fancy for sure and breakfast, waffles and sweet rolls and cereal with milk and coffe and watery juice. Im coming with a diabetic in january, so he probably cant eat any of this.

They do still have cruise parking, lots of room to park. Being this close to the beach, its great. Sure has been humid since we got here. Forecast from Houston channel was "muggy", which it sure is. Supposed to start getting lower humidity today and cool off. Id say ok, for the price. Bring a copy of your booking. The guy who works the desk lives here with his wife and claims they only allow bookings 3 months in advance.

We stayed at the Commodore on the Beach, Moody Gardens, and the Harbor House. We loved all of them. This time, due to timing we are staying at the Sunspree. We'll let you know how we like it. Harbor House is our first choice but we couldn't get it for the days we wanted for February of 2011. Of course thist is one of the Mardi Gras weekends where there are parades so we understood that the availability would not be there.

Does anyone know anything about the Comfort Suites on 89th street? How far is it to the port? Would it be cheaper to take a cab or is their fee of $20 reasonable? We have no knowledge of Galveston. We will be staying the night before our cruise and the night we return(got super cheap airfare by waiting to fly until Monday). What is there to do in Galveston on a Sunday in November after returning from a cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
how was the Elavator @ Harbor House ?? any issues??

Quote from thread belowI stayed there 2 1/2 weeks ago and staying there again in Feb. Didn't have a issue with the elevator but I used the stairs when not dragging my bags. They charged me $10 for my car, but I didn't have one!! No problem got it off my bill. I walked with my bag to the Conquest and had no problem getting there.

Does anyone know anything about Hilton Galveston island resort? I keep seeing mixed reviews about it. I like the fact it is right on the beach and free shuttle to the pier.

What are you seeing negative on Hilton?

It is considered a good + hotel and in San Luis Resort Complex.

What are you seeing negative on Hilton?

It is considered a good + hotel and in San Luis Resort Complex.

It was on tripadvisors website. I think we are going to stay there anyways. since that price wasn't that bad and it is right across from the beach.

You will love the Hilton. It is my wife's favorite place to stay. The cruise shuttle is great. They have a wonderful breakfast. The staff is great. The only complaint my wife had was once when we had a noisy a/c in the room (just once). My only complaint is that they charge for wifi, which seems silly to me since budget hotels give it for free. Enjoy your stay!

Archived