Early saver worked for me

CharlotteCpl

I noticed a price drop a couple of weeks ago, but was only $10 pp. I decided to wait. I noticed today it was now $30 pp lower than when I paid. Thanks to the wonderful cruise critics here---I found the form and filled it out and within 1.5 hours had received an email that it was approved.

Now for the rest of the 160+ day wait til we cruise. Inspiration----here we come---again:p

I noticed a price drop a couple of weeks ago, but was only $10 pp. I decided to wait. I noticed today it was now $30 pp lower than when I paid. Thanks to the wonderful cruise critics here---I found the form and filled it out and within 1.5 hours had received an email that it was approved.

Now for the rest of the 160+ day wait til we cruise. Inspiration----here we come---again:p

If there is a price drop and you submit your form, but then after this you notice another price drop can you submit a new form? Or is it that once you submit that's it?

If there is a price drop and you submit your form, but then after this you notice another price drop can you submit a new form? Or is it that once you submit that's it?

You submit it every time you see a price drop.

If you booked through a TA, then you must ask the TA to submit the form.

Where do I find this form?? Good to know :)

You submit it every time you see a price drop.

Awesome----I was kind of wondering myself. Hope it drops more. I still have time. To be cautious----that's why I waited before sending this one. I doubt it will drop much less than $229 pp.

I just had a $10 drop for Dream cruise a few days ago. Got the obc (we had paid in full already) also within 2 hours. I would suggest putting in for any decrease - no matter how small. Many times the price will go right back up. Can't count on anything going down in price these days!

I had 3 price drops on my early saver booking for an Alaska cruise in May of this year. All were processed and approved by Carnival even though the prices had gone back up some of the time before I had received my confirmation email. Saved a couple hundred $$$!

what sites do you look for the price drops? Can you submit prices from any site?

Must be from Carnival's site, and you must compare the exact same cabin category as what you have booked. For example, if you are in a 7A, you must check the price of a 7A.

Awesome that you found price drops! I was wondering which websites are most useful for monitoring prices?:o

Must be from Carnival's site, and you must compare the exact same cabin category as what you have booked. For example, if you are in a 7A, you must check the price of a 7A.
`

Yep---when I booked----they told me the price had to be posted on carnival.com----if I remember correctly-----I booked back in Feb.

I have to go through TA for price drop. Every time I see a drop I call my TA. I also print out page and do a screen shot. So far I have reduced our price by $440. not bad. We still have 123 days till we sail. I look everyday at carnival website and go according to cabin cat. I'm loving ES. Doxie:D

Congrats on the reduction. I got one for $20 pp two weeks ago. I had about given up when I saw the reduction. Submitted the form and it was approved. Two days later it had increased $40 pp! Glad I caught when I did. My other cruise has only gone up so I don't expect anything on that one.

If you book through a travel agent, can you still get a refund if the price drops?

Yes you can - you just need to contact your travel agent and advise them that the price dropped - they will need to complete the form and submit it for you. So far we are saving $30 pp on our next cruise with the Early Saver.

LOL - we have just booked an Alaskan cruise - whilst I was on the website I thought I would check whether I had paid the pre paid tips for my caribbean cruise - as I couldn't recall whether we had paid or not ( we had). Noticed the price had dropped $40 pp x4 = thats a great savings thanks to these boards !!!

It has been approved - how do I know where my onboard credit is detailed?

I received an email with all of the itemized charges, etc. I had also used my "sea miles/points". This shows the adjusted rate along with my OBC, etc.

Here is part of the email I had received-

CRUISE RATE $ 458.00 1x1.gif

FEDERAL TAXES/FEES $ 85.68 1x1.gif

PREPAID GRATUITIES $ 100.00

1x1.gif

ON BOARD CREDIT $ 160.00 1x1.gif

PAYMENTS RECEIVED $ 803.68

Archived