Ordered from Bon Voyage today

GAMOM4

we sail out on saturday the 21st too -- but on the triumph....

i called bv yesterday (monday) and ordered a bottle of vodka and rum..... the girl on the phone was extremely nice. she told me my deadline to order would be thursday..... so if you want to change your order or order more, i would guess that thursday would be your deadline to do so.....

and fyi, my total was $80 - my email confirmation shows a total of exactly $80.

as far as mixers go -- definitely bring your margarita mix. i've read that some like the absolute citron in iced tea. if you change the citron to white, then you can make kamakaze's which is simply a margarita made with vodka instead of tequila (no salt of course)....

orange juice is free - so you can make tequila sunrises (minus the grenadine, which is simply cherry juice) unless you wanna pack that....

vodka goes with just about anything -- you can put it in juice, tea, punch and lemonade. a previous poster mentioned bringing crystal light lemonade mix, but lemonade is free on the ship too.....

mudslides are made with vodka - if you want to bring a mixer for that..... i found some powdered mix for that and am bringing it -- but i had to purchase it online and have it shipped to me so it's a little late to get that now unless you can find something like that in a store near you....

I didn't get an e-mail confirmation of my order. I have alredy been charged for it because it shows on my charge card. I wonder why they didn't send me an e-mail. I guess I will leave the Absolut Citron - I bought some small plastic bottles of cranberry juice today - going to get the crystal light packets at Wal-mart and also my husband's Margarita mix - he wants the bottled kind - some of those bottles look pretty big - but since it is just the two of us I guess we will have room to pack it.

I didn't get an e-mail confirmation of my order. I have alredy been charged for it because it shows on my charge card. I wonder why they didn't send me an e-mail. I guess I will leave the Absolut Citron - I bought some small plastic bottles of cranberry juice today - going to get the crystal light packets at Wal-mart and also my husband's Margarita mix - he wants the bottled kind - some of those bottles look pretty big - but since it is just the two of us I guess we will have room to pack it.

If you can find a store that carries these before you leave~ they are pretty good and really easy to take on board as they are powder~!

http://www.ltblender.com/Cocktails-in-a-Bag-c9/

margy.jpg.9ce4c4dc9bbc204fb8493798d580ad93.jpg

Don't these have to be frozen? We went through a winery when we were in the mountains a few weeks ago and they had the ones like this that you mixed wine with - but they said you had to freeze them. I'm not sure if they sell anything like this around us but I will look.

This made me laugh so hard that tears were running down my cheeks -- and I've been diagnosed with dry eyes. Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a long time!! Have you tested this concoction more since then? Is it still good?? Silver

As a matter of fact, yes, I tried it today to make sure I like it on Tuesdays. Good news, I do.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife picked up some packets of margirita mix like the crystal light packs. Just mix with water and Margaritaville Tequila and there you go. She got it at Food Lion. She tried it when she got home and said it was pretty good. I can't say cause I don't drink it.

Also here is a link that might be helpful as far as priceing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220693

I've been enjoying Absolute and Oceanspray Diet Blueberry Pomegranite juice. 64 calories for the shot of vodka and 5 calories for the juice. The Oceanspray bottle is plastic, so it won't break. If you mix two shots of vodka and two equal parts juice, it makes a great blueberry pomegranite martini. Pic attached.

Do you have to "hide" the juice or it is ok to carry it on w/ your bottle of wine or soda?

Can someone tell me the cost of a bottle of vodka and a bottle of Tia Maria? my husband loves Black Russians.

Here's the price for Vodka, but as far as I know they don't sell Tia Maria.

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Do you have to "hide" the juice or it is ok to carry it on w/ your bottle of wine or soda?

Juice is fine to carry on. They do have OJ and a Guava passion fruit juice (only in the AM on Lido) that is great for mixing if that's what you're interested in.

[quote name='GAMOM4']Our cruise is Saturday, the 21st and I called Bon Voyage today and ordered a bottle of Absolut Citron and a bottle of Margaritaville Tequila. I had rum runners I purchased last year and have never used - but I decided if they were catching so many people not to take the chance - but the cost sure seemed high to me for those two bottles. I wanted a bottle of Peach Schnapps also - but it was $40.00 and it is $13.00 at the liquor store - so I said nevermind. I have never had Absolut Citron before (don't know why I didn't just order a plain Vodka) anyway what are some easy mixers I can take to go with it? Everytime I try to search it on the internet it brings up all these recipes for drinks with LOTS of ingredients - I don't want to carry tons of stuff - just a few good mixers. I think my husband is going to pick up a bottle of the pre-made margarita mixer from Wal-mart and a cup of the salt - so with a little lime from room service he should be good. If I had peach schnapps and cranberry juice and orange juice I could have my favorite drink on the cruise - Sex on the Beach.
They do have alot of things that aren't listed on the bon voyage liquor list they have - you just have to ask.[/quote]

Wait, I'm confused...if you order a bottle of liquor from Bon Voyage, they deliver it to your stateroom at the BEGINNING of the cruise? I wish I'd known about this on my last Carnival cruise!

We bottle our own wine.. now I am wondering about substituting the wine for something else?? LOL...I am still wondering how we are going to lug around 4 - 12 packs of juice and water in our carry on? (family of 4) I guess that is what DH's are for... LOL! (but I am going to look into some powdered mixes now too! Thanks for the tips!

[quote name='ickletarakins']Wait, I'm confused...if you order a bottle of liquor from Bon Voyage, they deliver it to your stateroom at the BEGINNING of the cruise? I wish I'd known about this on my last Carnival cruise![/quote]

Yes delivered BonVoyage day, ours was waiting in cabin with Carnival KeyChains as a side gift. Uunless live in TX it will be delivered next day due to staet rules. I also read during cruise can go to guest relations and can order a bar set up -it will come from room serviuce (including liquor bottles) have not done this so cannot verify 100% procedure.

[quote name='Bigleafsfanwife']We bottle our own wine.. now I am wondering about substituting the wine for something else?? LOL...I am still wondering how we are going to lug around 4 - 12 packs of juice and water in our carry on? (family of 4) I guess that is what DH's are for... LOL! (but I am going to look into some powdered mixes now too! Thanks for the tips![/quote]

Hey if a quality control mistake happens during bottling ...can't let it go to waste.

If you're looking for some mixers (and for those of you looking for diet friendly options) Baja Bob's website has a ton of stuff that isn't bad.

[URL]http://www.bajabob.com/[/URL] They carry some of the single packets stuff. I've had the mango and regular margarita and its not bad.

[quote name='Buffettfan 225']Yes delivered BonVoyage day, ours was waiting in cabin with Carnival KeyChains as a side gift. Uunless live in TX it will be delivered next day due to staet rules. I also read during cruise can go to guest relations and can order a bar set up -it will come from room serviuce (including liquor bottles) have not done this so cannot verify 100% procedure.[/QUOTE]

Just to get clarification, I live in Texas, but am cruising on the Triumph out of New Orleans, so I'm assuming the bottles will be delivered on the first day. Right?

[quote name='sentner']If you're looking for some mixers (and for those of you looking for diet friendly options) Baja Bob's website has a ton of stuff that isn't bad.

[URL]http://www.bajabob.com/[/URL] They carry some of the single packets stuff. I've had the mango and regular margarita and its not bad.[/quote]

And if you sign up as a member, they give you a code for 10% off your order.

Thanks for sharing the link!

Gina

Archived