Watching for Lowered Price - Best Way?

*oceanlvr*

Other than calling your t.a., (I don't want to bug her), how do you monitor the price of your cruise and check if it's gone down in price? Even if you don't buy it fron one of the on-line agencies, do you print out a "quote" then check frequently to see if that has changed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks!

I usually "quote" it with their online reservation, then save the price in an e-mail (it will save in the "drafts" folder of Outlook Express), then redo the operation every few days to compare (I'm a little obsessive about getting the best price...:D )

Though one can check lots of online sites for prices, recent rules from the Cruiselines means you may not see any "sale" prices like in years past. Rates might go down, maybe.

re: the note about saving stuff as a draft. That works great. I actually HIGHLIGHT, COPY and PASTE every reservation, online order, etc. and paste into a new email to myself for record keeping in case something gets lost. Easy to do, much easier to track than printing out and always available.

Thanks both of you for the responses. I had never noticed an email option or thought about saving the info that way. I am avid about finding the best deal I can, but as you say Garycarla,I have noticed a change in the way the agencies can advertise their specials, and it's more difficult to compare nowadays.

Always keep track of pricing trends yourself. This is easily done looking at several online agenies. You also may want to place an ad on http://www.*****.com ? When you see a price drop, immediately contact your booking agent and request an adjustment. It pays to be flexable and cancel and rebook if necessary for a substancial drop. But if you are fixed on your cabin then you may have fewer bargain options?

Vacations to Go is a sponsor here on Cruise Critic and I've seen their ads here, so I hope I am not out of line. If I am, apologies in advance.

V2G has a "90 Day Ticker" on their website. Cruises that are discounted are reflected there.

Also, Princess, if you are a member of the Captains Circle (AKA the "Circle of Trust" :rolleyes: ) has a deal where they will email you last-minute cruise discounts if you can go out on a week or two week time frame.

We routinely book through V2G and have had no problems. We book an inside cabin (my wife likes the darkness and doesn't like being awakened by the sun) but this time we bought an inside and got upgraded to an oceanview. I've had very good luck working with this agent, and I would recommend them.

icruise.com has a price tracker. First register with the site.. on the right of the page at the top click on My icruise... enter your screen name and password...bottom left of the Myicruise page says "start tracking a price for savings now"...click on that and fill in the info about your cruise... You will be notified by email if your cruise price drops.

Thanks so much TriciaAnn - I was signed up for their enewsletter but had no idea of the Cruise Tracker option. They must quote brochure rates, but I don't suppose it matters if I'm just tracking a category and price. Anyway - great tip. :)

I am curious how many of you get notifications from Princess for last minute sailings. I have completed that info page on Circle page and have yet to receive ANY e-mails from Princess. Sailed HAL once last year, and am getting e-mails and regular mail stuff from them 2x a week....(We are platninum on Princess) so I assume they figure they have a captive audience???

I never get the last minute specials - and I register often - again and again to be sure I am on the list....I think when they see you have future cruises booked - you are taken off the list??? We are Elite ---- I am annoyed that I do not get notified of these specials!!! :(

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

Glad to help. I believe icruise goes by their current booking price. The tracker does work. I was notified of a price drop of $55 pp lower than what I had paid. I contacted my TA and received the lowered price.

I also never receive any last minute specials from Princess.

Archived