Advantages of booking while onboard? Portunus cruises?

tom_uk

With a short cruise on Arcadia coming up I'm wondering about the advantages of booking a future cruise while on board. Does booking a future cruise while on board attract any discounts or OBC? If so, are these greater than I would get by booking through P&O while at home?

And what about the Portunus cruises? If booked on board, do the Portunus discounts get added to any 'on board booking' discounts/OBC?

Currently I book through an on-line TA. My priorities when booking are to get the cruise I want (itinerary, date), including the cabin type & dining arrangements I want, at a good price. For me, though, itinerary & date are of key importance - I wouldn't (at the moment) book a cheap cruise simply because it was cheap; it would have to be attractive in other ways.

With a short cruise on Arcadia coming up I'm wondering about the advantages of booking a future cruise while on board. Does booking a future cruise while on board attract any discounts or OBC? If so, are these greater than I would get by booking through P&O while at home?

And what about the Portunus cruises? If booked on board, do the Portunus discounts get added to any 'on board booking' discounts/OBC?

Currently I book through an on-line TA. My priorities when booking are to get the cruise I want (itinerary, date), including the cabin type & dining arrangements I want, at a good price. For me, though, itinerary & date are of key importance - I wouldn't (at the moment) book a cheap cruise simply because it was cheap; it would have to be attractive in other ways.

Hi Tom

We have booked on board before and have received double OBC. A good tip is to get a quote from the future cruise sales manager (they will usually give you a quote hand written on a postcard) then compare it online on P&O's own website which you can access free of charge using the computers on the ship (Cyber Study etc.). That will give you a good idea whether it is a good deal or not.

Love your blogs by the way, all the best.

Damian

The only thing that doesn't show is how good the TA's price would be. Don't forget you usually get an 11% or more discount from a TA. The price quoted on board has never been as good as the price I get from my #TA.

I should have added that you can get the booking assigned to a TA (you do not need to specify which when you book) so you only pay P&O the deposit on board. You can then shop around for the best deal when you get home and the TA will take over the booking.

Archived