Spa or Aft-wrap?

Tao Diva

DH and I are sailing in Nov 2010 but already looking at cruises for Nov 2011. We book far in advance to have a chance at an aft-wrap.

On the Splendor there is an ittinary we like but are debating the choice between an aft wrap and a spa suite.

Any thoughts on which features and amenities (of each) you value and why? It may help with our decision to hear your experiences and partake of your wisdom.

Thanks

TD

That's a very difficult choice. We've had an aft-wrap and an inside spa on the Splendor. We LOVED the wrap, and LOVED the full use of the Cloud 9 Spa. You may want to stick to your aft wrap for the amazing views, and buy passes to the spa. I believe they sell day passes and a pass for the week. That's what we're going to do for our Transatlantic. We weren't able to get an aft wrap due to the price, but we were able to get a double-wide balcony. We're also going to buy the spa passes, to get the best of both worlds.

Mecury is going retrograde :eek: so we won't be making any major purchases for a few weeks. That should give us time to consider.

We are private people and would like the personal deck space of an aft-wrap. But we are also health and fitness, new-age types so the spa proximity and access would be well used!

Does anyone know if the spa balconies are covered or uncovered? DH loves the sun on his swarthy skin while I'm pale as a fish belly and burn in minutes.

When mercury goes direct next month we should be ready to commit to one or the other. I can't wait to have more than one countdown clock in my sig:D

Thanks for your thoughts!

• 5 months later...
We are booked in that same cabin for May 15th. I would love to hear how you liked it, also pictures would be great!! Have a wonderful trip.

~ Lisa

I plan on doing a long review when we get back. I should have lots of pictures as well. I bought a water proof camera so I can take it on our excursions as well.

I too have been wondering the same thing! Getting ready to book the Magic for July 2012 (when the dates come out). And I really want to try to vista wrap... but I want that cloud 9 package!! I think I am just gonna get there early and get one board and nab on of those spa cards for 250 or whatever and go with the vista wrap balcony!!! Good luck to you!

I plan on doing a long review when we get back. I should have lots of pictures as well. I bought a water proof camera so I can take it on our excursions as well.

Oh I forgot.. I hope u will be taking pictures of the serenity pool area too. I am so excited for you. We have 90 days to go......:)

Archived