Luggage Storage options in NY after Princess cruise - HELP

galliegirlie

We will be departing this Saturday 8/21 from Red Hook in Brooklyn and will be returning Saturday 8/28. We have tickets to see Memphis at 2pm on Broadway, and our flight out that night is at 8pm from JFK (JetBlue). I am absolutely at a loss about what to do with our luggage all day after disembarkation from the ship. :confused: I am traveling with two older women in their 70's, so dragging our luggage around with us is not an option. Princess does not offer an EZ check luggage program at Red Hook, and Jet Blue only accepts bags within 4 hours of flight time. We will likely be taking a cab from the Pier to the theater district, so I think the best option would be to find somplace in that general vicintiy where we can store our bags at for 6 hours or so. According to their website, Port Authority does not offer storage facilities. I also called the Marriott that is near by and they do not offer temporary service like this due to 9/11. I know this is has to be a common issue with travelers, so what options are there out there??

This past Sunday, we got off Celebrity Summit at 9am in Bayonne but our flight out of LGA was at 7:25pm.

Based on this board's recommendation, we used Schwartz Travel (in their new Mid-Town location) to store all of our luggage and backpacks which freed us up to go to explore the American Museum of Natural History. It worked out very well for us and cost us something like $70 (cash only) for them to store it--5 suitcases and a couple of backpacks.

We used the 46th St location as well which opened on Aug 1. Don't be surprised if you do not get an email quote as I did not receive a reply from them. I ended up calling them around Aug 3rd or so and the lady I talked to gave me the pricing (which was the same as what I read on their website) and told me that there was no need to get a reservation--simply walk up and hand your stuff to them. Their 46th St location is on the 5th floor but there is an elevator to assist getting you and your bags up there.

Archived