Lost my wife & best friend after Cruise

radioguy54

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I'm so glad you were able to have the experience of cruising with her and that it was so memorable for both of you. In the future if/when you choose to cruise again it'll be a great way to celebrate her and the good times you had together.

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

OHHHH I am so so sorry for your loss!!!! Now I have to go get my tissues! ::sniff sniff:: You and your Family have the condolences and prayers of my Family. Hold onto each other.

I lost my best friend and husband after 31 years of marriage. After we got the kids off to college, we started cruising ever year on his birthday. It was some of the most special, fun times of our lives. I have taken 2 more cruises in Sept. (birthday month), and leave on the Valor in a few weeks. I will never forget those special times and I am so happy that I will forever have them. Sometimes, we probably should not have spent the money, but I would take nothing for it or all the wonderful memories I have. So, hug, love and appreciate your better half, and make time to create as many special times as you can together. Radioguy54, I am so sorry for your loss. I know nothing anyone says really helps, but time will make it bearable. Hang in there....and you be sure and take that cruise next summer. She will be smiling down at you for it!!!

I am so sorry for your loss. Hold on to the wonderful blessing of great memories with the wife that you obvious loved so much!

Sorry for your loss. Luckily, you have some wonderful memories of your cruise together that will last forever.

I hope when the time is right you will cruise again. About 10 years ago we made a life-long friend with a man who had recently lost his wife. They had cruised together several times and he finally decided take a cruise by himself a year after her passing. We were sailing on the cunard Caronia and he was assigned to our table of 10 which included me, DW and her father (who had also recently lost his wife). The 5 of us got along like a house on fire and we had a wonderful time together. After the cruise we stayed in touch, visited each other, and took other cruises together.

I truly believe that fate brought us together and that our friendship has enriched all of our lives.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing your story. I believe you're honoring her memory by sharing what a wonderful time she had on this cruise.

You and your family are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Very sorry for your loss. I hope those happy memories will be a comfort to you through this sad time.

This is exactly why, though it would have been simpler to go on our own with our friends, we invited our parents to come along with us on our next cruise. One never knows what's waiting around the corner or how much longer we have to create those happy memories.

Archived