Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise choice?

Jaxsonbrownie

I have been scouring the internet for hotels in Port everglades for pre-cruise stay.I have narrowed it down to a few choices.The Hyatt Regency Pier 66, The Marriott Marina,Marriott Harbour Beach Resort,The Westin Diplomat,Best Western Oceanside and the Ramada Sea Club Resort.Does any one have any input as far as staying at one of these and if so what was it like and what would you recommend?Would appreciate any and all info please! Thanx so much!

On the right is the Coral Princess, On the left is the Queen Mary II. We booked our room through priceline for $75. The room was clean and the bed was divine! The hotel is very nice. Our only complaint would be that the decour was rather 70's-ish. A redo is in-order.

Hi:)

The Marriott Marina is very nice, as well as the Hyatt.......both are close to the port...as well as Embassy Suites and Renaissiance.........they are all on 17th Street.

They are within a 10.00 cab ride to the ships........the other places you mentioned are further away.

The Diplomat is very nice........as is the Westin.......I prefer one of the hotels near the port though......just easier access........to everything...restaurants, water taxi and THE SHIPS:D

Hi:) I got the Hyatt and Marriott on Priceline....have you used them before? You bid on your rooms....

Depending on when you are cruising...the prices vary......trying to recall what I paid.....both were less than 100.00......

If you look on those hotels regular websites they are usually much more than that.

The Marriott is in the 3Star Category Downtown Zone on Priceline...the Hyatt is 4 star beach zone.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Bequia, thanks for the advice, I will heed it! This is why i love this board and all the help everyone gives here.Lois, no, I have never used priceline before but will try when ready to book. I think it is a bit early to try for rooms for April 2006.I did notice how much the rooms were at the regular website though.A bit pricey, but hopefully I will be able to bid for a lesser amount. I do believe that it will be between the Hyatt and the Marriott Marina.Being that the Hyatt is near the beach, and we are flying in from New York, we would like to maybe relax on the beach before sailing the next day.We are traveling with 5 other people and would like to fly in early and make a day of it.Is there any other hotels near the beach that you would recommend along with these? Thanks so much for the help! Jackie:)

Jaxsonbrownie: Yes you are very early for an April 2006 stay (especially if you plan to use Priceline). Since you have not used Priceline in the past, suggest you go to Biddingfortravel.com or BetterBidding.com to find out about Priceline. You can also learn what others are getting for hotels around the time of your stay. One word of caution, when you use Priceline, you can not be certain which hotel you will get until your bid has been accepted.

Bruce

We just stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and got it for $95.00 for the night on PL. They have several restaurants and one that sits right on the water. The top of the tower is a revolving lounge overlooking everywhere. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pools and jacuzzi were very nice. The grounds were beautiful and the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Jaxonbrownie: It was me who said you do not know which hotel you will get (for sure) until your bid is accepted. While it is true you do not know, you will have a VERY good idea as to which hotel(s) you are bidding on from the info learned from the above referenced sites. It will depend upon what * level hotel you are interested in as to which hotel(s) you will likely be bidding on. I know, it is clear as mud, but go to those sites, read the introductory stuff, then follow some of the threads as to what is going on in FT. Lauderdale and it should become much clearer.

Bruce

Hi Wog, thanks for the info. One question, Someone wrote that you don't know what hotel you are going to get until your bid is accepted so how can you bid on one certain hotel?Have never done this before but noticed alot of people here do that.:confused:

As bbrad8 said, it will give you an idea of the hotels being won for certain categories and zones. I bid 4* beach zone and received the Hyatt as the sites had told me it would be. Its a risk if you are looking for a certain hotel, but it seems to be a good bet that what you learn and what you want are available and for what bid amount.

That's a hard question to answer. You can secure up to several rooms with the same reservation. I would suggest asking some questions on the boards indicated as being Priceline gurus. They can help with that type of scenario. I think you can book up to 4 rooms with the same reservation. You would just pay 4 X the bid amount. If everything stands the same as it was when I bid for the Hyatt then the Hyatt is the only hotel being won for 4* beach zone. So that would help with your chances of having the same hotel as well. Other zones have more hotels to offer so it would be more of a gamble.

Jaxon, Hi:) the only 4Star in the BeachZone is Hyatt........

3Star In Downtown Zone are either Embassy Suites or Marriott Marina......

The upside to Priceline....you do get good prices.....the downside...IF you want to know 100% sure where you will be staying before hand......Priceline is not the way to go....You don't find out which hotel you get until after your bid is accepted.

Thank You so much Lois! I appreciate all the help, this is all new to me!That's why i love this board so much!! I guess I don't know if gambeling for a room is worth it, just being able to book a decent place to stay pre-cruise, preferably by the beach to relax for the afternoon,is more important, especially bringing along some friends too.:)

Archived