Eclipse Stateroom & general questions

RDT

We are on Eclipse in November; we are in a verandah stateroom on the Vista Deck.

How many electrical outlets in the staterooms? Where are they?

Do the TV's have working A/V jacks I can plug my video camera into? Do the TV's have a news channel (CNN, BBC)?

Is there a clock in the stateroom?

Is there a refrigerator in the stateroom?

Can we stash empty suitcases under the bed?

I generally have a small swiss army knife in my pocket. Any problems bringing it on board?

Thanks for your shared wisdom on these items.

We are on Eclipse in November; we are in a verandah stateroom on the Vista Deck.

How many electrical outlets in the staterooms? Where are they?

3 by the dressing table (2 x 110V, 1 x 220V) 220V is European plug (not 3 pin UK), 110V are standard US. Also one shaving point in bathroom

Do the TV's have working A/V jacks I can plug my video camera into? Do the TV's have a news channel (CNN, BBC)?

All sorts of jacks on the side of the TV. I'm sure you will be able to sort it out, but depends if you can get the remote to let you use the correct AV source. CNN, Fox News and BBC World were on our Baltic cruise.

Is there a clock in the stateroom?

No, but time is displayed on the phone. Suggest you bring a travel alarm

Is there a refrigerator in the stateroom?

Yes, and you can turn it up so its like a proper fridge...not a cool box as on many ships

Can we stash empty suitcases under the bed?

Yes, plenty of room

I generally have a small swiss army knife in my pocket. Any problems bringing it on board?

You go through airport style scanners, so probably. I don't bother taking my penknife for this reason

Thanks for your shared wisdom on these items.

Simon

Simon has pretty well covered it, but let me just add on one point...

I carry a "Leatherman" tool with me...sort of like a swiss army knife, it's a small combination pen knife, scissors, nail file, screwdriver, bottle openner, etc. thing...comes in handy for all sorts of uses on a trip...I check it in my luggage for the airplane trip--I know those guys won't allow it in the carry-on...but I've never had a problem taking it on a ship...Once unpacked on the ship, I move the thing into my knapsack and take it on and off the ship at each port...it goes through the x-ray scanner with everything else when boarding and I have never had them stop me about it...After all, it's not like a little two inch blade or a travel scissors or a nail file is any bigger weapon than the steak knife THEY give you at each meal!!!

Archived