Renaissance 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale

A tip...!

Last year we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before cruising out of Miami.

They have a local bus system called the 'Sun Trolley'. We took the trolley one evening down to the strip of hotels on the beachfront in FLL and all of the nice eateries. I believe it was free and we just tipped the driver. It makes stops all over that area. If you need to go somewhere and don't want to take a car, I highly recommend this venue of transportation. We had a great time there last year. We only found out about the trolley be accident at the ES.

We will definitely use it again the next time we are in that area. :)

When we have stayed at Renaissance, we walked to a nice bakery that had breakfast items, yogurt, etc. Can't remember the name of it, but it was only about a block away from the hotel. We always try to stay at the Renaissance because of convenience to restaurants, Walgreen's, etc.

Pam in KY

When we have stayed at Renaissance, we walked to a nice bakery that had breakfast items, yogurt, etc. Can't remember the name of it, but it was only about a block away from the hotel. We always try to stay at the Renaissance because of convenience to restaurants, Walgreen's, etc.

Pam in KY

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for that.

Since you don't need a hotel until June you have a long time to learn how to bid on Priceline. If you place a name your own price bid on a 4-star hotel in the downtown area of Ft. Lauderdale, you have a very high probability of getting the Renaissance or the nearby Hilton in the $60-$70/night/double range. Check out bidding for travel.com, betterbidding.com, and hoteldealsrevealed.com, which are all tutorials for bidding on PL. There is a learning curve, but I think it's very worthwhile.

Betsy

Einsteins Bagels is nice. From the hotel out the front door and just across the parking lot.

Thanks for the suggestion....I'm just looking for a quick simple breakfast before we leave for the cruise....not necessarily a sit down so both the bakery and the bagel shop sound like great choices. I'll check out what's around once I get there in the early afternoon the day before we sail

Thanks for the suggestion....I'm just looking for a quick simple breakfast before we leave for the cruise....not necessarily a sit down so both the bakery and the bagel shop sound like great choices. I'll check out what's around once I get there in the early afternoon the day before we sail

French bakery is out the front door and to the right, about a block.

This one will certainly do the trick! The food is tasty and the price is right. Check out their travel mugs with the free refills too - really reasonable. I'd go there again if we stayed nearby - pshawwww what do I mean IF.....I meant when we go there next!

Archived