Ship Mate iPhone App

saffy22

Hi Guys,

Ok I down load the NCL iPhone app. ShipMate its called. Pretty cool. apart from 1 thing. My cruise is not on there? Anyone know why? If you go to Pride of America it has Dec18th and then Jan1st. Dec 25th is missing, it even has Dec24th 2011 on there. Ridiculous the things that can make us worry. Plus it has a cool countdown clock, so I can see the days ticking away, well if I go to the cruise before mine and add 7 anyway.

Look forward tohearing ideas

Cheers

Saffy

Very cool app. But I have the same problem. We're sailing on the Sun in June. There are no dates listed between April and September 2011. I know it's going in dry dock the beginning of the year but those dates are listed for cruising. Oh well, something else to worry about :rolleyes:

It's a free app, so you get the free app site. Ours is missing one port and all the shore excursions and that's just for the 14day cruise, our 7 days cruise is not on the list a all. Hope they get the bugs worked out before our cruise or its just another free site that is just thrown together.

@Aturnee

Yep, the Jade is missing on mine as well. The Jade is irrelevant to us, so I don't care.

Otherwise I would have un-installed and then re-installed the app, hoping that that would help. Step 2 would be to contact the developer via the App Store site.

The app is OK if you already know which ship you want to sail on. I really do like the availability of deck layouts of all the ships. However, to search for a cruise, I use a little app called CruisePro, nee iCruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! I think it's great, but that's because my info is there.

On another note, from the NCL site when I tried to "share with friends" my cruise info via facebook, it came up all wrong, it was the right dates, right ship, wrong ports of call and excursions.

I emailed them comments last week about cruises missing etc. Send an inquiry or email them a comment and they get back to you personally, which is a refreshing change:-) Anyway said there would be an update and additions to the app in the next 7 days! I can't wait and I hope mine is there this time :o

I just got a response from Jan Jirout concerning my cruise on RC. These apps are still works in progress, but he seems very interested in finding out what is not correct and making it write. I was very impressed, so I would say that if you see something missing, whether it's a cruise, or in my case a port in a cruise, let him know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship Mate app is no longer free. I downloaded it before but deleted it because our cruise wasn't on there. Hate to spend the $ to download it if our cruise is still missing.

Edit - I just decided to purchase it and it was free because I own a previous version. SCORE!

• 4 months later...

I just downloaded it, but to be frank, I don't think I'll buy it for other lines on upcoming cruises.

Cruise Finder, by iCruise is free. It has comprehensive deck plans for just about every ship, itinerary info and more. Yes, to their eyes, it's a sales tool - but the info is great ...and FREE.

http://www.icruise.com/iphoneapp/

...and no, I'm not a shill - just a cruise fan(atic)

For all of those who are enjoying Ship Mate, there a couple of other i-phone apps I have down loaded and they are very cool. First is "Cruise Card" and it is another count down clock and track your expenses app. The second is "CruiseCam", and it has all cruise lines' bridge cams fro each ship, port cams, links to port schedules and a link to CC! They were not free, but I feel they have paid for themselves for the amount of time I have used them.

Archived