New "Pat Down" Security Line

Paul65

You are so correct. I really hate it when my husband uses lighter fluid on the nights we decide to grill out on our balcony. Really messes with the taste of our smuggled on steaks.

Now I know you are pulling my leg.

It is common knowledge that the suites have gas grills no need for charcoal or lighter fluid. Sheesh ….

By the way is fishing prohibited from your balcony while in port? I am on deck nine. Do you think people would mind as I reeled a nice grouper up to my balcony?

It is common knowledge that the suites have gas grills no need for charcoal or lighter fluid. Sheesh ….

By the way is fishing prohibited from your balcony while in port? I am on deck nine. Do you think people would mind as I reeled a nice grouper up to my balcony?

I don't think anyone would mind if you fish off of your balcony.

Beats having you throwing up over your balcony.;)

Forget that. Go big or go home. Aft balcony, shark fishing. You'll never have a bigger boat, so why not? :D

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

Better watch out, the MDR Fashion Police around this board will be all over this one... :eek::eek:

If they don't like it when I come to dinner in my tank top and swim suit wearing a hat and smoking my cigar, I can't imagine what they would say if/when you showed up to dinner "El Natural" ;)

You need to jump over to the Carnival board. This is why they created the new cove balconies on deck 2 of the Dream.

Better watch out, the MDR Fashion Police around this board will be all over this one... :eek::eek:

If they don't like it when I come to dinner in my tank top and swim suit wearing a hat and smoking my cigar, I can't imagine what they would say if/when you showed up to dinner "El Natural" ;)

I just had an AMAZING idea... and RCCL can make a bundle! For the formal night, offer spray on tuxedos! Make it slightly cheaper than a tux rental, and toss in a black speedo. They've already got the airbrush tattoo artists, so it can't be that much more difficult...

The rule is "... shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner." So, as long as you're not wearing shorts, a T-shirt or a bathing suit, you are OK.

Forget that. Go big or go home. Aft balcony, shark fishing. You'll never have a bigger boat, so why not? :D

That would be open water fishing. I gave it up when they refused to slow the ship down enough to gaff em.

I know what you mean about shark fishing though. Try the mahi-mahi (sure it is) in the MDR :D

The rule is "... shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner." So, as long as you're not wearing shorts, a T-shirt or a bathing suit, you are OK.

Never had read the SUGGESTED ATTIRE quite so literally... good point!

Although I would never wear any of the above to dinner in the MDR, it never ceases to amaze me that doing so would "ruin" the cruise or dining experience of others.:rolleyes:

Although I would never wear any of the above to dinner in the MDR, it never ceases to amaze me that doing so would "ruin" the cruise or dining experience of others.:rolleyes:

Actually, that's one of those myths that gets thrown around in such threads. People are never (or at least almost never) claiming that it would ruin their cruise. It's almost like politics; each side has to try to exaggerate or create a straw man of the other side's position in order to attack it.

Never had read the SUGGESTED ATTIRE quite so literally... good point!

Once you've sat across from a "bulky" guy with a wife beater t-shirt who has more than ample hair under his arms..on his chest and back..your appetite may wane just a tad.:rolleyes:

Are you implying here that mahi-mahi is supposed to be shark? Just curious; that's how it came across to me.

No Mahi-Mahi is dorado, or dolphin. (not bottle nosed dolphin aka flipper) It is an excellent eating fish.

The switching cruise ship caught shark for mahi-mahi comment was in jest. (Should have used more smilies):)

Eh... I have two questions to that...

1) Who does security at the terminal? If it's port security, I doubt they give a damn whether or not you have liquor. The only reason for a pat-down would be a potential security risk (you set off the detector).

2) Assuming you get patted down before boarding the ship, what potential lawsuits do the cruise lines open themselves up to by patting down an individual for alcohol before boarding?

I just don't see it happening.

I saw this happen on a Carnival/Paradise out of LB this summer. Sorry, can't remember who the employee was, but it was at the xray machine if that helps. And, yes, the pax was wearing cargo shorts.

Once you've sat across from a "bulky" guy with a wife beater t-shirt who has more than ample hair under his arms..on his chest and back..your appetite may wane just a tad.:rolleyes:

Now that is a vision............... ;)

Rumor has it that RCI will be instituting a pat-down line for passengers suspected of hiding contraband in their clothing. Passengers with unusually bulky clothes or cargo shorts will be directed to these special security lines. This is in response to a rising incident of passengers using the many-pocketed cargo shorts to sneak liquor onboard.

and where did you hear about it?

Rumor has it that RCI will be instituting a pat-down line for passengers suspected of hiding contraband in their clothing. Passengers with unusually bulky clothes or cargo shorts will be directed to these special security lines. This is in response to a rising incident of passengers using the many-pocketed cargo shorts to sneak liquor onboard.

I am thinking you have about 1200 too many posts to start this thread..... :D:D:D

The rumor is absolutely true, this happened to me.

Boarding our NCL cruise last week, the security guard noticed my rather disproportionately large breasts, patted them down (I'd go as far to say "fondled") and made me unbutton my shirt in front of everyone! I was totally embarrassed and humiliated. Some passengers actually had the audacity to whistle.

The guard didn't find anything, grinned and let us through security.

Half way to our cabin my wife turned to me and said,

"Good thing he didn't check the carry on!"

Too funny!! :D

I have seen them pat down people on our trans-Atlantic cruises which is all we have done for the past three years. You are talking about the average age of about 65--not a bunch of young people wearing baggy pants.

On our last TA, every time I went through the detector, it went off and I was wanded. Since, I didn't have any jewelry on, not even a thin wedding band, I couldn't understand it. All they did was wave the wand up and down and around which didn't go off and sent me on my way.

Fast forward to a domestic trip via air and the detector went off again when I went through their security. I had removed all my jewelry and put it in my purse. The guy asked me if I had this--"no," that--"no." Still it went off when I went through the detector. Finally he figured out it was my hair combs. Took them off and the detector didn't go off. This made sense since when in port, I didn't wear my usual large hair clip so I can get a visor on. Instead, I had just purchased an expandable thingee with combs on both sides and elastic that stretches across the hair-do. In the past, I had just "tied up" my long hair with a rubber band.

Tucker in Texas

Archived