What are the extras?

NewHere

I have generally cruised with RCCL, and just came off my first Freestyle on NCL-and I was surprised at all of the extra charges (pizza delivery, bowling, classes in the gym, etc).

I expect to pay extra for alcoholic drinks, soda, spa, excursions,gambling, and a specialty restaurant if I choose (with an excellent main dining room if I choose not to eat at a speciality restaurant).

So, I am now looking at booking on Pricess. What are there other charges (i.e. do I get 'nickel and dimed"?)

Thanks

NCL is the worst for that, I felt like I couldn't get a decent meal unless I paid extra for it. There is a charge for a few gym classes, photos if you choose to buy them, the sanctuary if you choose to go there. Most of the "extras" are things that you may or may not choose to partake in. A few specialty items in the international café ( good coffee and gelato etc.).

I've never felt nickeled and dimed on Princess.

If you drink a lot of soda or want some really good coffee, I would recommend purchasing a soda or coffee card. Otherwise, the only extra charges are for bingo, gambling and photos and the specialty restaurants, basically the same as RCCL. If you are on a ship with the international cafe, you will pay extra for gelato and beverages.

Archived