Night Lights in Bathroom???

PeggyTC

How about those Glade electric candle things? If they run on AAA or AA or such batteries, you could use rechargable batteries in them and recharge them during the week. (I have a travel-sized dual-battery AA charger that I got at Wal-Mart the other year when I was looking for stuff for a trip [i got it to power one of those misting fans]. The charger is about the size of a nightlight, if not smaller.)

The plus is, it would make the room/bathroom smell nice if you found a scent you like.

I have searched and couldn't find anything on this subject. We like the room to be dark when we are sleeping, however, If we have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I hate to turn the bright light on it wakes me up to much. Any ideas for a night light. We'll be on the Liberty if that matters

We just leave the light on in the bathroom and shut the door. There is enough gap around the door that allows a small amount of light into the room to navigate during the night.:D

We just leave the light on in the bathroom and shut the door. There is enough gap around the door that allows a small amount of light into the room to navigate during the night.:D

We do the same thing with no problems of bumping into anything.

We've been in rough enough seas a couple of times now that the bathroom door was creaking and swinging back and forth any time I left it open. I usually leave it ajar to let the steam out after a shower. Smooth seas might be ok but but watch out if there is any motion.

When we took the Behind the Fun tour in May, our trainer had actually injured herself the night before when the ship listed a bit and her bathroom door slammed on her foot.

We've been in rough enough seas a couple of times now that the bathroom door was creaking and swinging back and forth any time I left it open.

There is a magnetic pad on the wall that holds the door open against the wall that keeps it from swinging back and forth.

When the door is closed, there is about 1-2" gap between the bottom of the door and the floor that light escapes thru.

i brought a night light (because of what i read here on cc) for my cruise on destiny...

i plugged it into the 'shavers only' outlet in the bathroom (after asking the room steward, he said that was fine)...

and left it there for the week. the bath light being on did not effect it...

though, i found it rather useless, in the end, and my friends and family laughed at me for having brought it anyway LOL.

never again. to me, it's not a big deal. and will never pack one again. but, it did work... :)

Reading all these posts make me wonder why someone needs a light in the bathroom at night. I am NOT criticizing anyone, I am just curious.

We never use a light in our bathroom in our cabin at night. The bathrooms are so small that it's easy to feel our way around. I wake up, walk to the bathroom with my eyes closed, do my "thing" with my eyes closed, wash and dry my hands with my eyes closed, and walk back to bed with my eyes closed. DH says he does the same.

The outlet in the bathroom is tied to the light switch. IF the bathroom light is off, so is the outlet.

Just off of the Triumph and our night light worked great plugged into the shaver outlet on the hair dryer. The light switch was off but the shaver outlet was live.

I leave the bathroom light on and shut the door. Just in case that is not enough light I also keep a little flashlight on the nightstand next to the bed. You should have one for emergencies anyway. If there is a ship accident in the middle of the night and the ship loses power you don't want to be feeling your way around in the dark. I also carry this little flashlight on the plane. I was a boy scout, our motto was "be prepared".

Why not leave the bathroom light on and clsoe the door 3/4's of the way closed. After all the door actually faces the closet in most cabins.....

This is exactly what we do......we leave the bathroom light on...there is a very large gap at the bottom of the door...so we close the door and just enough light comes through from the bottom of the door to see where the bathroom is, but doesn't disturb us sleeping.

Archived