Night Lights in Bathroom???

PeggyTC

I have searched and couldn't find anything on this subject. We like the room to be dark when we are sleeping, however, If we have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I hate to turn the bright light on it wakes me up to much. Any ideas for a night light. We'll be on the Liberty if that matters

thanks i guess i was thinking about something to leave on all night that you don't have to worry about batteries running out. I suppose i could get the smaller hallogen lights and tap them on instead of the light switch.

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-WRTWL41E-Weather-Ready-Flashlight/dp/B0018OANF4

I love this flashlight. It's nice to know that I have a flashlight in case of a power emergency, but it also has a yellow light that is soft enough not to be glaring in the middle of the night but bright enough to see in the bathroom. You can choose between a brighter white light and the softer yellow light. It also stands on the counter just fine.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is an electrical plug in the bathroom except the low voltage one used for electric shavers - someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

If that is the case, then nothing that you have to plug in will work...

(The 2 options above are good ideas)

I have some glow sticks from the kids summer parties - maybe I'll bring along a few and toss them as I go...

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is an electrical plug in the bathroom except the low voltage one used for electric shavers - someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

If that is the case, then nothing that you have to plug in will work...

(The 2 options above are good ideas)

I have some glow sticks from the kids summer parties - maybe I'll bring along a few and toss them as I go...

You are correct

We use a LED light sensing night light that plugs into the shaver outlet. It works great. Bought it at Walmart $4.00.

ok i'm not doubting you but why did the last guy say the light switch is tied to that outlet?? Does this light work on all the ships??

Why not leave the bathroom light on and clsoe the door 3/4's of the way closed. After all the door actually faces the closet in most cabins.....

Because when you go into the bathroom in the middle of the night that light is so bright and blinding then i have a hard time getting back to sleep.

thanks i guess i was thinking about something to leave on all night that you don't have to worry about batteries running out. I suppose i could get the smaller hallogen lights and tap them on instead of the light switch.

Bring your own they don't cost anything and you can plug them in the shaver outlet. use LED lights

Bring your own they don't cost anything and you can plug them in the shaver outlet. use LED lights

As was mentioned above, the outlets are not 'on' unless the light switch is on. So anything you plug into it will not work...unless you switch on the lights, which defeats the purpose. Only Carnival has this system. I found a motion sensor battery operated light that attached to the metal door with a magnet. But it was really very bright, too. I have used tea lights that are battery powered and they have worked well, Just have to remember to turn them off in the morning, as batteries don't last that long. EM

I have not sailed on Carnival. The light works on Princess ships.

Lol I'm with you! Haven't sailed Carnival in years, but we're Princess cruisers and everyone brings night lights on Princess! :p This is good to know!

To the OP, what about those great little battery operated candles? You can leave them on forever and the batteries rarely go out. We bought the cutest mini lanterns at walmart, they are LED lights, fairly bright, and we thought they were perfect for lighting up the balcony, should work well for the bathroom.

Anyone who has cruised before should realize that it is simply not practical to leave a bathroom door open in a standard cabin. Perhaps in some of the high-end suites, but not usually.

Doors are heavy and self-closing. In order to leave the door open, you would have to place something between the door and the jamb; a folded towel, perhaps. However, that door will very likely swing back and forth all night long due to the ship's motion.

We usually leave the bathroom light on and the door closed. There is just enough light which escapes from the closed door to make an adequate nightlight.

Anyone who has cruised before should realize that it is simply not practical to leave a bathroom door open in a standard cabin. Perhaps in some of the high-end suites, but not usually.

Doors are heavy and self-closing. In order to leave the door open, you would have to place something between the door and the jamb; a folded towel, perhaps. However, that door will very likely swing back and forth all night long due to the ship's motion.

We always left the door ajar (with no fan the steam would never dry out otherwise) and it never closed or swung back and forth.

We used a couple of the LED tea light candles in the bathroom as some one mentioned there batteries last forever (or just about!). Target was out of the plain colored ones so ours changed from red to blue to green but since they were in the bathroom didn't bother me at all. They worked great.

We used a couple of the LED tea light candles in the bathroom as some one mentioned there batteries last forever (or just about!). Target was out of the plain colored ones so ours changed from red to blue to green but since they were in the bathroom didn't bother me at all. They worked great.

Thank you!!! to the tea light suggestions. Thats even better than the small hallogen tap lights. The HTL can be bright the little tea lights will be perfect and if kept next to the bed i can use it in the room without bothering my husband.

Archived