Chef's Table

How far in advance do you recommend reserving the Chef's Table? Should you wait until dinner reservations open up for your cruise or do it earlier?

We will be in a suite, so should we contact the concierge or the link given in a previous post.

Thanks for any info.

I'd recommend making them as soon as you know that you want to go. You don't pay in advance for them, like you do for the other specialty restaurants when you book pre-cruise. The Chef's table fee of $75 per person is billed to your shipboard account on that day that you partake.

I was able to book mine about 3 weeks before we sailed. By that time, Chops was almost completely booked every night of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

I found some reviews here on Cruise Critic which were much more detailed than anything that Royal Caribbean would have available.

I was e-mailed by RC about a month before my Oasis cruise and it included this blurb:

We are also pleased to extend to you the opportunity to pre-reserve the Chef's Table dining experience during your cruise. Be part of this unique dining experience limited to 14 guests per evening, hosted by an Oasis of the Seas Chef, who will guide you through this culinary feast. This dining experience includes wines paired with each course and a signed copy of Royal Caribbean's Savor cookbook as a keepsake — all for $75.00 per person. To reserve your place at the Chef's Table, call 1-800-398-9819. We are excited to welcome you onboard Oasis of the Seas.

I called the number and gave them my top two or three choices for a date. When it was confirmed, they responded with this:

Good Day Mr. XXXXXX,

We have made reservations for you at the Chef's Table on July 25th, for a

party of 2, booking number ##### for XXXXXX and XXXXXX per

your request. Reservations are for 7:30 PM and dinner is approximately 2 ½

hours long. Dress is smart casual except on formal nights where formal

attire is also appropriate. Charges will be made to your Seapass Account

once you are onboard. Cost is $75.00 per person and includes gratuities,

guests must be 21, and penalty for cancellations within 24 hours is $25.00

per person.

The Chef’s Table is located on the upper level of the Concierge lounge. I

hope you are able to enjoy the Chef’s Table on this cruise along with the

Savor the Caribbean cook book and Chef’s Table apron as mementos of a

fabulous evening hosted by an Oasis of the Seas Chef.

Have A Great Cruise

Amber Boyer

Specialty Dining – Chef’s Table

Royal Caribbean International

800-398-9819 option # 3

SpecialtyDiningReservations@rccl.com

Below is a portion of an email I received from RCCL 30 days before my cruise. Perhaps it will answer some of your questions.

We are also pleased to extend to you the opportunity to pre-reserve the Chef's Table dining experience during your cruise. Be part of this unique dining experience limited to 14 guests per evening, hosted by an Oasis of the Seas Chef, who will guide you through this culinary feast. This dining experience includes wines paired with each course and a signed copy of Royal Caribbean's Savor cookbook as a keepsake — all for $75.00 per person. To reserve your place at the Chef's Table, call 1-800-398-9819. We are excited to welcome you onboard Oasis of the Seas.

You don't need to be invited. Probably everyone with a reservation and an e-mail address is 'invited'. Just call them and tell them you want to make a reservation!

This might help your husband enjoy the food - it's not just a wine tasting with each course. As soon as your glass is empty, it's refilled. I lost track of how many times they refilled my glass! And the wine is incredible.

Archived