Florida residency price drop??

Already booked a cruise for Oct but haven't made final payment yet. When I search for the cruise with the Florida residency chosen it shows a price drop which is about $11/pp cheaper than what I paid...Anyone know if I'm eligible to get this as OBC? I know it's not a lot but would buy a few drinks :) Thanks.

Just called...they said as of May when the new rules came out they will no longer do OBC price reductions...so looks like I get nothing...guess I will stop booking cruises early as there seems to be no incentive unless you are just trying to get a specific cabin.

something is not adding up here.....if you have not made final, you can get the reduction.....you could actually cancel and get all your money back and rebook at the new rate.....you need to call again...somebody gave you some bad scoop......when is the sail date and final?

Let us know

call them back. You should get the reduction since you have not passed the final payment date. After the final payment date you can no longer get the reduction or OBC.

If you booked this cruise before May 17 then you are eligible for price reductions under the old rules anyway.

5/17 has nothing to do with this cruise......the pre 5-17 rule deals with what happens after final payment....since they haven't made final, you're game to do whatever ya want with your cruise (including price drops)

Let us know

As of today the 17th is not an issue. I brought it up just in case another reduction happens after the final payment date goes by. If this was booked prior the May 17th they would still be eligible for the reductions.;)

Thanks for the responses....Called RC for a third time, they didn't give me OBC...they switched my stateroom to one that fell within the florida residency category (which is a better cabin re: location IMO) and changed my total due to reflect the $22 less. Stupid from a business standpoint for them since they just lost the $22 but hey works just as well for me. :)

Archived