Aft extended balcony or Aft Wrap?

2addicted2xmas

We are cruising for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in June 2011. Last year had our first Aft extended balcony on the Miracle in December. Next year we are heading out on the Conquest and cannot decide if we should do the extended balcony again, the wrap or a suite! I would love to hear from those of you who have tried them all! Thank you

We are cruising for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in June 2011. Last year had our first Aft extended balcony on the Miracle in December. Next year we are heading out on the Conquest and cannot decide if we should do the extended balcony again, the wrap or a suite! I would love to hear from those of you who have tried them all! Thank you

.....Aft Wrap of course!

:D

wasiii

Aft Wrap! We had an Aft Extended Bal and our friends were next door with the wrap. We had the door opened between the 2 balconies and enjoyed the extended wrap with our friends. On our next cruise with the family, we are hoping to get the Aft wrap and the kids with their spouses in the balconies on either side of us. That will ge fun!:D

Absolutely the aft wrap!

For those of you that have cruised the Conquest class ships in an aft wrap - were there loungers on the balcony, in addition to the regular chairs? It sure would be nice to spend our sea days lounging on our own balcony rather than fighting the crowds by the pool.

Oh, and to tootsiescurly: Go Ducks! :)

Thank you all very much my PVP is calling me at 6pm central to finish my reservation! Aft Wrap it is! There are only 3 left for this sailing so I want to do it now before I miss out. I am so excited!:D On our cruise in December we met so many wonderful CC members so I hope to meet some more this cruise!

If you make enough friends for your roll call here on the boards, the aft wrap balcony can hold at least 20 people, if not more. Seriously!!! It's a great place for a sail-away.

This would be the aft wrap on Spirit Class ships ie: Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Legend

If you make enough friends for your roll call here on the boards, the aft wrap balcony can hold at least 20 people, if not more. Seriously!!! It's a great place for a sail-away.

This would be the aft wrap on Spirit Class ships ie: Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Legend

While the aft wraps on Spirit Class are suites, and those on the Conquest Class are 9C's, the actual balconies are pretty much the same; HUGE! If you can afford the extra bucks, go for it; you won't be disappointed!

Of the three, I prefer the aft wrap. I love having the bedroom separated from the remainder of the cabin.

Only the Spirit class has the cabin you refer to (bedroom separated). All the rest of the wrap-a-round and small, odd shaped 182sf.

Of the three, I prefer the aft wrap. I love having the bedroom separated from the remainder of the cabin.

Only the Spirit class ship have these suites broke down in the sections.

On the Conquest class ships these are 9a's and are just bigger one room cabins

I think that I read that the deck 5 aft-wraps on the Spirit have a different configuration than the other aft-wraps on the ship. It seems like the deck 5 wraps were one room and the other wraps were the rooms divided into segments. We are sailing out this week on a deck 4 aft-wrap on the Spirit. It is definitely divided up into segments-living room--dressing room/ bathroom--bedroom. Has anybody stayed in #5295 or #5266?

If money is no object, I'd go with the aft wrap, particularly on spirit class ships. Cabin 4228 on Carnival Legend (which has a substantial overhang and thus a lot of shade) is by far the nicest cabin I've ever sailed in. That was on a cruise with two other couples and we could all use the wrap balcony. If I recall correctly, we couldn't open the door to the next balcony, but we could open the connecting door to the adjoining cabin (4230).

Since money always is something of a consideration, however, when there are just two of us, we prefer the aft extended balcony. We don't really need the space of the aft wrap and it's cheaper.

I think that I read that the deck 5 aft-wraps on the Spirit have a different configuration than the other aft-wraps on the ship. It seems like the deck 5 wraps were one room and the other wraps were the rooms divided into segments. We are sailing out this week on a deck 4 aft-wrap on the Spirit. It is definitely divided up into segments-living room--dressing room/ bathroom--bedroom. Has anybody stayed in #5295 or #5266?

Deck 5 IS one big room- unlike the other corner suites. I think Carnival should reconfigure these two cabins because it is kind of a rip off to pay for suite price for these two cabins- they should be 9's at the most

We have had cabins 8455, wrap, and 8457, extended aft balcony on the Valor. 8455's cabin is oddly shaped, almost like a triangle, but still very nice. The balcony is killer but almost over kill for a couple. We had two loungers, two chairs and two tables.

8457 is a standard balcony cabin and the balcony is probably 4'-6' deeper that normal. This is our category of choice. We really enjoy the aft part of the ship and have never had any issues with debris, trash or smoke.

For us, on the Conquest Class, the extra money doesn't justify the extra cost for the wrap. You are paying just under the cost of a suite.

I have a question about Legend 4228 - do you have to step up into

the tub? It looks like from pictures that it is a step up and this would

be for an elderly couple?

Thanks,

Teresa

Yes, you have to step up...it's kinda high for sure. I have always had to hold on to get into the tub.

Archived